eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Today it's

36 degrees.
feels 48
48!
Which is 118.4 degrees Fahrenheit for the non-metrics out there (Taffy).
Now, I'm no expert, but to someone from Dublin, in relative terms that's round about the temperature of lava.
So, I'm off to the cinema, I don't care what's showing, I'll be there for the air conditioning.
later

5 Comments:

At Tue Aug 01, 07:38:00 p.m., Blogger Woozie said...

116? Jesus Hitler Christ, that's hot. I'd stay inside, all day, every day.

 
At Tue Aug 01, 08:54:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

Whoa! Its "only" 106 here with the heat index. Incredible!

This week makes me think of a bit done by Gary Shandling (paraphrasing)

"I'm from Arizona. They say its a dry heat- so's a welding torch."

Taffy
Thanks for the temp conversion, Amanda. When I was a teen they tried to teach America the metric system- everyone said it was "too hard"- yeah we are lazy. real lazy.

 
At Tue Aug 01, 08:59:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

It's just revoltingly hot. I walked across the street and that was too far.

 
At Tue Aug 01, 10:50:00 p.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

I think it's about 4C this morning. I have the heat on.

 
At Thu Aug 03, 03:31:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

so, we all know who to blame the heat on...Joe, turn it down

 

Post a Comment

<< Home