eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Sunday, June 04, 2006

COULROPHOBIA

A banner outside a sports shop in the Eaton Centre made big claims about their World Cup display.
Iain never needs much encouragement to go into sports shops and this just dragged him in.
The impressive display was one small area with some baseball caps, a few general t-shirts and then some team shirts. There were maybe 10 countries represented, including Ireland who failed to qualify. The hockey section of the shop was twice as big despite the season being as good as finished.
But by far the most disturbing thing about the shop was the small collection of clown horns, you know, the metal hooter with the rubber bulbs? I got cold shivers just looking at it.
71% of the worlds population* are afraid of clowns. It's got an official name, coulrophobia - an 'irrational' fear of clowns. It's not irrational to fear these freaks.
Think about it, they have these fake made-up names, they wear disguises, they like children TOO much and drive around in tiny cars with 7 of their friends all squashed in together.
I don't like clowns(you may have guessed this fact by now) they creep me out and I have never managed to watch all of Stephen King's 'It'.
There is a job website for one of the hospitals that I check a couple of times a week and today for the first time I saw this -
http://www.sickkids.ca/therapeuticclownprogram/
What if I was to get a job in one of the labs there and, say, had to work late, then turned down a corridor and one of the evil horde was there?
I can see the newspaper headlines now....

















thank you, thank you(takes a bow) I'm here all week.

maybe I shouldn't mention any of this in my job application?





* erm yeah, I made that up.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jun 05, 12:23:00 p.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

that rocks, clownslayer

 
At Mon Jun 05, 08:28:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

hmm, I've always wanted to be a superhero....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home