eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Chip Chronicles


Chapter 2
in the ongoing saga of the search for good chips (of the fish and _ kind).
After the disappointment that was the experience from the place in the Beaches, called something like the Happy Sailor or Contented Captain or Perky Pirate(anyway some sort of Mirthful Mariner) I had higher hopes for Chippies on Queen Street West.
I feel a proper scientific analysis needs to be done so - marks out of five it is.
The Mirthful Mariner, soggy, overcooked, too skinny -zero potatoes out of five.




Chippies -pretty good! crisp, not too skinny, slightly overcooked but not enough to be off-putting, they get four of of five potatoes





Stayed tuned for the next riveting chapter....

Thanks to my brother Erik for the scoring system pictures!

4 Comments:

At Mon May 29, 08:03:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

good chips are hard to find anywhere. Best I had come from the back streets of Carlisle, Cumbria.

Did you know if one asks for vinegar for one's chips in Australia, one is given some in a cup - no doubt from the bottle they keep for cleaning.

 
At Mon May 29, 11:38:00 a.m., Blogger Sweary said...

I get my chips from Lennox's in Cork.


I live in Galway.

 
At Mon May 29, 04:16:00 p.m., Blogger Omar said...

I seldom eat chips anymore as they interfere with my cholesterol and my Mick Jagger-like physique. ;-)

 
At Mon May 29, 06:45:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

skookumjoe- a cup? what like a tea cup?
swearing lady- that's about an hour and a half drive, that must be a good chipper!
omar- i saw a t-shirt once that said 'your body may be a temple...mine is a bouncy castle'
so true, so true

 

Post a Comment

<< Home