eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Top Ten

I can't possibly hope to compete with the kudos of yesterday's post, but, inspired by Bricotrout I decided to have a go at a Top Ten list of my own.

Top Ten Words I Am Going To Use in Everyday Speech So that People Know I'm Irish
1. Banjaxed- as in 'my first and second computer monitors were _ '
2. Culchie- as in 'you don't want to listen to him, he's a right culchie'
3. Muck savage- very similar to #2
4. Gobshite- as in 'George Bush is a total gobshite'
5. Wojus- as in 'Celine Dion is a wojus singer'
6. Yoke or yokemabob- as in 'it's over there beside the yoke'
7. Deadly- as in 'I've won a prize, deadly'
8. Right wan- as in 'well she's a nice lady isn't she?'
9. eejit- as in 'Simon Cowell'
10. and what list could be complete without ...Feck. can be used with any of the above words to add emphasis or on it's own in is many forms, fecking, fecker etc.
I realise that some of the examples don't actually explain the words at all, that's because I can be a git.

5 Comments:

At Wed May 17, 12:03:00 p.m., Blogger bricotrout said...

so... banjaxed = 'smashed to bits with a sledgehammer'??
i actually like how there isnt clear definitions for most of them. except the eejit one. that one was pretty clear. heh heh
im honored (note: without the 'u'!)
cheers

 
At Wed May 17, 08:23:00 p.m., Blogger ninetieschild said...

i thought gobshite was scottish.
err, did u know i look like george clooney? a lot.

 
At Wed May 17, 11:00:00 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Amanda,
So, how did you find our Triple Crankset blog? Glad to have you on board ... :)
Toronto, eh? My best friend, who is fighting cancer, lives in Barrie.
And I'm a BIG Red Wings fan ... :)
Best ...

 
At Thu May 18, 01:14:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

banjaxed is 'broken beyond repair', feel free to use it anytime!
nope, gobshite is Irish, but there is a lot of cross-over with the celtics.

 
At Thu May 18, 01:21:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

tour of'03, found your site through the Next Blog button which always seems to led me to what I need!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home