eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Sunday, May 14, 2006

to sleep, to dream...

Didn't sleep well last night.
Not a big deal I just read for a while, then a while longer. About 3.30am turned the light off to meditate myself to sleep. The whole lack-of-job situation is really getting to me now, been here almost 6 months and don't feel any closer to employment and I'm sure that it was those thoughts keeping me awake.
Still wide awake so I went downstairs to get my Buddha's Book of Daily Meditations to read. Normally when I read in bed, when I'm done for the night I put the book under my pillow. For most of the books I've been reading recently that's ok (Beauty Tips from Moosejaw by Will Ferguson-very good, Dr Mukti by Will Self-always a fan of Mr Self, The Timewaster Letters by Robin Cooper-laughed till I cried) but the Daily Meditations book is a hard-back and chunky, not quite a Harry Potter size, but big, so that didn't help with the sleeping.
Then when I did finally get to sleep the weirdscary dreams kicked in which I'm not going to go into for fear someone will analysis them, especially the one where I had scales growing on my head! It's bound to be something like -'signifies your fear of losing your position or status in life. foretells of unexpected changes and unpleasant adventures.'
yeah tell me something I don't know.

1 Comments:

At Mon May 15, 07:01:00 p.m., Blogger bricotrout said...

interesting, i mkae sure to close off my day by reading a daily meditation from a book by the dalai lama. go figure.
thanks for stopping by as well as the comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home