eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

count yourself in!

Our 2006 Census form arrived yesterday.
That is, both the English and French forms arrived.
and this being Canada, there is 14(count 'em, 14) possible choices for ' relationship to person 1' on the form. Do you want to be:
opposite-sex common-law partner
same-sex common-law partner, and then all the usual choices, parent, grandparent, in-law and so on right down to lodger, boarder, room-mate and finally 'other'.
The box for 'other' is really quite small but I bet they still get some great stuff written in there, or is it just me who wants to write - 'we get on ok most of the time' or 'custard maker', 'food taster' or 'chief Tactician'.
The information on the form becomes public in 92 years so I'll be sure to go check.

2 Comments:

At Thu May 04, 03:07:00 p.m., Blogger Omar said...

The last census I absolutely refused to fill out the much longer, much more invasive form that wants all your personal details. The Census Bureau reminders in the mail turned into rather threatening phone calls to the census taker actually pleading over the phone for me to participate. When she finally capitulated and asked if I'd at least fill out basic details, we had a deal. I'll never give them anything but age, sex, race, etc...again.
My scooter? It was MSRP $3299 and the dealer was asking $2999. I offered them $2600 and they took it. So I got it tax in and registered for just under $3000. Insurance is $11 a month! You cannot beat it!

 
At Thu May 04, 05:59:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see this blog providing me with many humourous insights to Canadian life, I shall bookmark it.

James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home