eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, May 22, 2006

Ten Food Related Things That Make Me euwww

1. Even the idea of veal.
2. People who chew with their mouths open.
3. Biting into something and finding a worm, or worse- half a worm. This has happened 3 times with an apple, a pear and a radish(the half-a-worm).
4. Anything with a face.
5. The frozen vegetables mixture of diced carrots, peas and turnip that my mother MADE me eat, despite the fact that I could barely choke it down. It was horrible anyway but my brother convinced me (through the power of being my big brother) that it was recycled vomit.
6. Most Chinese food. Not good if you are vegetarian. One in-flight meal in China was a salad of 3 slices of cucumber artfully separated with 2 thin strips of green pepper. That's it. Except for the tiny squares of ham hidden under the cucumber.
7. Orange flavour toothpaste. Ok, not strictly food but the way it stuck to my teeth made it feel that way for at least twenty minutes after using the stuff.
8. Bovril. Why is this stuff still around? A jar of beef flavour gloop that you make into a tasty drink. No. Just totally wrong.
9. Liqueur chocolates. You know, the ones with the liquid goo in the middle.
10. Stickers on apples. I have no idea how many of these things I have half-eaten.

9 Comments:

At Mon May 22, 10:20:00 p.m., Blogger Omar said...

I am not a fussy eater. At all. One of the only foods I am not particularly fond of are parsnips. But, I'll eat them.

 
At Mon May 22, 10:22:00 p.m., Blogger Stef the engineer said...

Three of your items actually made my mouth water.

 
At Tue May 23, 02:41:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is your profession? I know a lot of people in Toronto and might be able to point you in the right direction.

 
At Tue May 23, 05:38:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

charles, I am a laboratory technician

 
At Tue May 23, 05:44:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

stef, sya it's not the worm, toothpaste or bovril....

 
At Tue May 23, 05:46:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

and omar, parsnips? how can you not like them? it's like they taste like brussels sprouts

 
At Tue May 23, 04:08:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about shark curry? like eating a used flip-flop

 
At Tue May 23, 04:35:00 p.m., Blogger Omar said...

and omar, parsnips? how can you not like them? it's like they taste like brussels sprouts

Really? It's been so long since I've eaten them, I sort of forget exactly what they taste like. I love brussel sprouts. Will have to revisit Parsnipville.

 
At Tue May 23, 08:55:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

Hi omar
yeah, think i missed out the 'don't' there... sprouts =icky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home