eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Attack a termite colony? That's suicide.


This is a termite head, thankfully not actual size.
Thanks to the wonder of Google image search.
The nice termite inspection man had a look around my house today and the house is free of these lil' beggars. Yay!
I didn't think that we had termites but the maggots over at the SlimeBucket Insurance Company insisted we have an inspection done, despite the fact that they DO NOT cover or pay out for termite damage.
The SlimeBucket Insurance Company took a very large cheque from me and every now and then phone me up to ask if I have finished all of their recommened house improvements.
This is my cue to remind them again that they have still not sent me a written list of what they want me to fix/replace/rectify. I have asked for this list 4 times now, because every time I speak to them something else seems to have appeared on the list.
They might be correct on the need for a handrail for the staircase down to the basement though, as I have slipped down twice now(totally sober on both occasions, before anyone says anything!)
and as the basement is the only part of the house which is bearable in the current heat I intend to spend a lot of time down here, even if there had been termites.
Title is a movie quote- any guesses?

6 Comments:

At Wed May 31, 10:22:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

what you want is a basement slide. Big bean bag chair at the bottom and you're all set. Increase the slope and wax it to make a convenient trap for children.


Ants?

 
At Wed May 31, 03:39:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

the problem is that i was already doing the slide thing! and yes, the film quotes is from Antz

 
At Thu Jun 01, 03:35:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

erik here, in work (a different slimeball insurance company) I think the quote is from Antz?

 
At Thu Jun 01, 06:20:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

Erik, yup, but how about -He's right. Peter Cushing does that all the time.

 
At Thu Jun 01, 08:04:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, amanda you should be ashamed of yourself encouraging erik to waste company time by reading this blog.

really i should report him.... but as i wasn't working either i won't.
s

 
At Thu Jun 01, 08:24:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

yes, I'm sorry Stella, I know how whole strong the foley family work ethic is. Us easily distrated? nev...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home