eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Friday, July 28, 2006

pride before .....a nose-dive, plummet, topple, plunge etc

Found this here and couldn't resist trying it out.
Myheritage is a site for people looking in to their family tree, not something that would normally interest me, but the my hertitage.com site allows me to upload a picture of a face and cross reference it as lots of other people have uploaded their own family photos in an effort to find long lost relatives. It gets interesting when I realise they have also installed a section of this database with famous people as well. I upload a picture and the face recognition database matches me with the following people:
First on my list was Ninette Tayeb.
never heard of her. Wikipedia says - Israeli rock singer and the winner of the 2003 , Pop Idol of Israel.

moving on.


next was
Thor Heyerdahl, Norwegian explorer, anthropologist and author.




fair enough. Getting better.










next up, Nicole Kidman.
Who got to give Mr Clooney his Oscar earlier this year.
















add to this Jessica Alba

Bing Crosby and

Halle Berry and
Nadia Comaneci a Romanian gymnast, winner of five Olympic gold medals, and the first to be awarded a perfect score of 10 in an Olympic gymnastic event,
and I'm feeling pretty positive about this whole thing.
Helped along nicely by the next on the list, the delightful Ewan McGregor.

Ewan McGregor
This list is looking good, an interesting group I'm part of here.
And then
it all turned to, well, it went bad.
The final name on the list?
Margaret bloody Thatcher. That's not her real middle name. Not now, not ever been a fan of this woman, which is a polite way of saying that I don't think I'll be too upset if she doesn't get her telegram from the Queen.
(does the queen still send telegrams to people who live to 100 years old?)
And it was going so well....




you know you want to try it for yourself -here.

5 Comments:

At Fri Jul 28, 02:11:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have to have a look at this and see if we can expand upon the family tree.

E

 
At Fri Jul 28, 07:43:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

Very interestingly time-consuming. I got Cate Blanchett and some other people.

 
At Fri Jul 28, 07:49:00 p.m., Blogger Terra Shield said...

Interesting...

 
At Fri Jul 28, 07:53:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

see, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist...

 
At Sat Jul 29, 02:51:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just tried ig, got quite a few: burt lancaster, kofi annan, aidan quinn, patricia arquette and W.B Yeats are the ones I'm willing to admit to...
E

 

Post a Comment

<< Home