eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Only one minor injury


Today we decided to assemble the chest of drawers we got from Ikea a couple of weeks ago.
There was just one minor disagreement as to what the word horizontal meant.
And only one injury when Iain hit his thumb with the hammer. It did look painful and there was some hopping about and swearing.
We now have a chest of drawers so I can finally unpack those last couple of packing cases (to be fair, at this stage they are mostly unpacked on to the floor anyways).
When I went looking for the Ikea photo I found this game where you match up the Ikea catalogue item discription to it's name. I managed to get all 10 wrong! What are the odds?

8 Comments:

At Sun Jul 23, 03:57:00 a.m., Blogger Kathy said...

Amanda,

Congrats on assembling the furniture. As my dear dad would say "As a last resort read the directions." Should mention that I learned the phrase "son of a b#tch" at age three when he was repairing the car.

Got 2 of 10 on the IKEA site- should have my daughter's friend from Sweden look at it and see if those are real words.

Taffy

 
At Sun Jul 23, 04:29:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

I have a strange knack for actually understanding the directions, and even read them first.
2 out of 10, you are in the lead.

 
At Sun Jul 23, 11:22:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont forget to leave some work for me to do.

E.
P.S. 3 out of 10

 
At Sun Jul 23, 06:25:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

Amanda,

The last set of comments (about being dumped etc) gave me an idea for a question on my blog. Thanks!

Taffy

PS That Girl Emily billboards are also in Los Angeles

 
At Mon Jul 24, 01:32:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

spirit has leapt ito the lead with 4/10. hmm maybe knowing two is an unfair advantage? or maybe a skill?

 
At Mon Jul 24, 01:32:00 a.m., Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

.

 
At Mon Jul 24, 11:11:00 a.m., Blogger Аглаша said...

3 of 10

 
At Fri Jul 28, 04:58:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

so, round of applause for Travelling Spirit with 4/10.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home