eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Thursday, July 13, 2006

It was a dark and stormy night...

The runner up was
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
Stuart VasepuruEdinburgh, Scotland
you know you want to read the-rest.
I found it here along with tons of other great links.

4 Comments:

At Thu Jul 13, 11:16:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

...dig your own grave and lick the shovel clean.

is only silly in a film-noir setting (takes itself seriously), but if I said it, all cynical like, it could be ironic enough to elicit a wry grin.

 
At Thu Jul 13, 02:37:00 p.m., Blogger fatrobot said...

jibber jabber

 
At Thu Jul 13, 04:21:00 p.m., Blogger Pizza Cutter said...

Amanda, thanks for the post on Foreign Intelligence Files. I appreciate that someone else saw the humor in the runner-up. Just don't tell any of your fellow Canadians the truth... We're trying to keep it a secret down here.

 
At Thu Jul 13, 06:08:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

pizza cutter- glad you commented! I say the film noir thing on your blog and then clicked away and got lost before I could link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home