eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

is this thing on?

REM - Bad Day

yeah.
Not a good day.
Another day, another quote from a contractor. $14,000 for electricial work, sure let me just get my cheque book.
I waited in most of the day for him to tell me that too, as the appointment, originally for 6pm was moved to 'between 2.30 and 4.30'.
Needed a couple of things from the supermarket and almost got run over by a guy who should have had a disabled badge as he clearly was blind to RED traffic lights (and deaf too judging by the volume of his shit taste in music).
Annoying woman in the supermarket only wanted to stand where I was standing and examine carefully anything I was interested in buying. When I stopped and did a 180 turn to get away from her she followed me.
Eventually shook her off and got back outside and as I put my foot on the road to cross, the cyclist stopped at the lights decided that was the best time to spit. Not just a little spit, dredged up- from- his- knees-spit. MOST of it missed my open toed sandals.
Back home, foot washed, in need of a cold drink. Slice of lime in my water I think. I just sharped the knife but it still won't cut the lime properly, not until it has also cut my thumb that is. Lime juice in a fresh cut, lovely.
Applied for a few jobs last week and the only response I have had is
Hi, my name is Rajeev Arora, Agency Director for American Income Life Canada, Toronto. I’ve seen your resume posted online and I would like to have a conversation with you regarding an exciting employment opportunity we have available in Sales Management.

We are an insurance company providing supplemental life insurance products to North America`s associations, labour and credit union members. We are located and licensed in all 50 states, New Zealand and Canada. We are part of Torchmark Corporation (TMK), a Fortune 500 company and finally we are rated A+ "Superior" by A.M. Best.

Currently we have full-time and part-time openings at entry level sales, junior and senior management and marketing. There is no need for cold calling, prospecting or telemarketing as we provide 100% qualified warm leads. I am looking forward to speaking with you about this opportunity on a first interview.

What is it with the sales jobs already?
I realise that in the grand scheme of things, in this vast universe, my day is hardly a blip on the Bad Day Meter but the icing (or spit) on this day?
I had almost finished writing a long post on here and *WHooF* the whole thing disappeared.

3 Comments:

At Wed Jul 05, 09:08:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

bad day all round i think, I'm out of work sick & the hamster has got a big lump near her mouth, not infected so might be a tumor...

What is the electician planning on doing?

E

 
At Thu Jul 06, 01:09:00 p.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

you see? Canada is a nice place, full of very nice unemployed people.

Oh no, now I've pissed of the Canadians...I'll be accused of Northern-Hemispherism

 
At Thu Jul 06, 10:38:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

Erik, how are you?
and how is Nina?
Joe, methinks you are trying to get a rise out of people, did you learn nothing from the whole Frodo affair?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home