eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, July 17, 2006

I believe in .....angels? really?

I meant to write about this before but, weelll, I forgot. Wad'ya gonna do? sue me?

Iain subscribes to "Canada's magazine of the Year" Macleans.
The July 1st issue had the Annual Canada Day poll and some of it was interesting reading.
I liked the responses to the question "whom do you feel uneasy around?"
Sex offenders naturally topped this one at 96% uneasy with them, alcoholics got 71%, then former mental patients, followed by born-again Christians at 31%.
Then further down the page were the numbers for what Canadians believe.
66% believe Jesus is the son of God, 62% believe angels exist and 65% believe that God cares about them personally.
Those numbers surprise me. Of course I have no idea what the percentages would be if the questions were asked in England and suspect they would be higher if asked in Ireland.
The percentages for other topics were much more Canadian. 63% of Canadians say recreational marijuana use is okay, 61% approve of or accept the idea of gay couples adopting children and almost 75% of Canadians disagreed with this "we should worry about Canada and let the rest of the world take care of itself".
Some of the topics had the equivalent percentage from the neighbours, like 78% of Canadians convinced that immigration is a good thing for the country, in the US that was 64%.
Not good news on the job front really, as 50% think that working hard won't necessarily get you to the top. However they spelt it neccessarily so I was going to ask for a job as a proof reader. I know my spelling and grammar can be less than ideal, but that's a rookie mistake right there.

5 Comments:

At Tue Jul 18, 02:32:00 p.m., Blogger fatrobot said...

i am 87% iron

 
At Tue Jul 18, 10:38:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

I seem to be 97% gas after my recent travels. Did I write that out loud?

 
At Wed Jul 19, 05:36:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

well Sandra, shall we just call it laughing gas ?

 
At Wed Jul 19, 01:06:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

Alas...

 
At Fri Aug 04, 06:15:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home