eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Goooooooood morning Vietnam! It's 0600 hours. What does the "O" stand for? O my God, it's early!

Ok, it was actually 07.35 am, but close enough.
A Canadian friend of ours told us that there are two seasons in Canada.
Winter and construction.
It's definitely not Winter.
This morning, as with yesterday and every morning this week the road right outside the front of our house was getting nice neat square holes carved out of it.


I'm sure they have their reasons, but why do they have to start at half past the middle of the night?
And it is the middle of the night if you go to bed at 3.30am.

They take a break about 10am to go to Tims which gives the neighbours a chance to get their construction work done. Three of our neighbours are currently working on their houses. Two at the front of our house and one across the back. The guy across the back is particularly dedicated, starting at about 10am and NOT STOPPING till it's almost dark, about 8.30 - 9 pm. Must be the coffee that keeps him going.
Canadians are completly obsessed with Tim Hortons, the doughnuts, the coffee, the timbits, the always-huge queue. Our neighbour leaves his house to walk to our nearest Dead Tims to get his double-double (two creams two sugars).
Somehow, even though there are thousands of Tim Hortons across the city, there is always a queue. It appears to be the most addictive substance known to man and yet I (not usually known for being good at resisting temptation) have not succumbed to the Cult of Tim.
Dare I say it?
*whispers* I don't like the coffee, it's piss weak.
If, however, I'm only getting 4 hours sleep maybe I'll have to get a taste for it until the end of the construction season.

4 Comments:

At Sat Jul 15, 06:20:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

These TimbitsĀ® that you speak of intrigue me, perhaps this land you call "Canada" holds more for me than reasonably priced beer with free chicken wings.

I shall find out in seven weeks!

E

 
At Sat Jul 15, 08:58:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

Alas, the States are missing these fine Timbits. Here its Krispy Kreme that are spreading throughout the country. I was shocked, shocked I say, when I visited St. Louis and could not find a Dunkin Donuts. Then my friend said "maybe they aren't west of the Mississippi" Called my sister in Denver and found that may indeed be the case. (Yes, it was a slow day"

 
At Sun Jul 16, 06:18:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

free chicken wings E? where did you here that?
taffy, not many dunkin donuts up here either, Tims have the market sewn up.

 
At Mon Jul 17, 08:17:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

Timbits are great but the coffee is odious, yet strangely addictive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home