eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Thursday, July 20, 2006

What do you want to be when you grow up, honey?

I can't remember where I read the line that got me thinking today, but whoever you are thanks for the spark.
The idea was - what if we all grew up to be what we wanted to be as kids?
The world would be full of astronauts, brain surgeons, train drivers and ballerinas.
I doubt many kids dreamt of being accountants, call center operators or waitresses.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with those jobs (apart from the call center one) and all the other non-glam jobs we never wanted as kids. If everyone was driving trains, dancing or in outer space then who is going to bake the bread or run the power plant?
I may have mentioned in previous posts that I am currently not fully employed and with the whole too-much-free-time thing I have compiled a list of alternative jobs I (maybe) want.
1. Astronaut. Yep, I wanted to do this. Ireland - not known for it's space programme.
I may be a bit old for this one, am afraid of heights and can't tell left from right so it's time to give up on this one.
2. Interior designer. I could do this one, except if you want your whole house in shades of beige/magnolia/buttermilk/whatever they are calling it these days.
3. Props buyer. The Warner Brothers Studio was where I discovered this job. Paid to shop for movies and television. Please let me have this job.
4. Professional list maker. Need a list compiling? reasonable rates.
5. Crisp tester. Extensive world-wide experience. Need crisps testing? look no further.
6. Ballet dancer. I am also willing to learn tap, latin and jazz. I draw the line at line dancing, no pun intended.
7. Palm reader. I just need to get a scarf and some big hoop earrings and I'm all set.
and The Job I Really Want: George Clooney's companion/official photographer/dog walker/towel holder. This one might be a bit of a challenge, he never answers any of my letters or phone calls, he is too busy having a pint I suppose.



anyone get the movie quote? it's a tough one, so some clues.
1995.
Two actors, both often said to be the best.
also Val Kilmer.

9 Comments:

At Thu Jul 20, 09:49:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

movie quote? That's what I said to my boss just this morning. He didn't like it. Started crying. Stamping his feet. Issuing a low wail and frothing slightly from the slit he uses for feeding.

sorry, I can't write about work on my own blog anymore because someone found out about it.

 
At Thu Jul 20, 04:03:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

Color Namer- I want to be the person who names the colors for paint companies, clothing catalogs, etc. "Spice Orange", "Coma Blue"

And of course I want to have the position you desire with George Clooney only with Sam Waterston- I would even settle for "woman who gently pushes his hair from his eyes"

Taffy

 
At Thu Jul 20, 09:32:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

the slit he uses for feeding??? ugh, ygh ugh.
taffy- coma blue sounds great!

 
At Fri Jul 21, 02:39:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

i deal with colours and there are too many I say. I can name 15 shades of white alone.

 
At Fri Jul 21, 05:35:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

joe, is there actually any visible difference between all 15?
fav name for white?

 
At Sat Jul 22, 04:20:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had a look now & got the quote I think - Heat?

E

 
At Sat Jul 22, 06:21:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

yep,E. did you need the clues?

 
At Sat Jul 22, 10:14:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm right the quote is said by Tom Sizemore while at the restaurant table?

E

 
At Fri Jul 28, 04:59:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

now you are just showing off

 

Post a Comment

<< Home