eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Friday, August 04, 2006

knit: verb. To cause to grow together

Believe me, no one is more surprised than me.
Growing up in Dublin, I and pretty much everyone I knew went to convent school.
And you learnt things the way the nuns wanted you to do them.


(BTW, does anyone have any idea how difficult it is to find a picture of a nun on the internet? Lots of shots of funny nuns or sexy nuns or men dressed as nuns. Anyone who has ever actually met some nuns knows they are not really any of those things, except maybe for that last one.)
The other night, I was clearing some stuff the previous owners had left under a table in the basement and I found a pair of knitting needles and some wool.
The nuns had taught me to knit in school so I was convinced that I would be able to pick it up straight away. Just like riding a bike right?
No. Not really.
I didn't have a clue how to start.
So I did what I always do when I want to know something.
I goggled it.
And as usual the t'internet did not let me down, although I was a tad surprised at just how many knitting sites there are.
Prepare to be amazed, knitting and purling (got to know the lingo).
Here it is, my masterpiece.
Please no applause, just throw money.

7 Comments:

At Fri Aug 04, 02:13:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

how are you at knitting DNA? I suppose you would need very tiny needles huh?

 
At Fri Aug 04, 02:16:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

that's what I'm practising for.
you want knit or purl?
have you sorted out the splicing part then?

 
At Fri Aug 04, 04:19:00 a.m., Blogger Kathy said...

That is why I crochet- much more forgiving.
My favorite nun ran off and married our parish priest!

Taffy
Saint Helen's School
Grades Kindergarten- 7

 
At Fri Aug 04, 01:08:00 p.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

I have discovered you cannot staple DNA together. For baboon purposes you might need some sort of bulletproof wool, maybe from armoured sheep?

 
At Fri Aug 04, 01:26:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

Steel wool, SJ?
Crocheting is definitely easier.

 
At Fri Aug 04, 08:01:00 p.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

of course Sandra! This is why you are a doctor and I am but a lowly crazy person who worked out how to sneak into the asylum's computer....oooh! gotta go!

 
At Fri Aug 04, 08:36:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

There is no need to be sarcastic just because I couldn't crack into the computer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home