eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Um... my name's Craig Schwartz. I have an interview with Dr. Lester

Have I mentioned the plan ?

Wednesday is Work Report day. This week I have mostly concentrating on the interview process.

I re-read the information I got at the workshop and today I had a practice interview session.

Which was videotaped.

I've never seen myself on video before, apart from the time I was on TV that it.

Yeah, I just casually said that I was on TV.

It was a Channel 4 documentary about Coronary Heart Disease and my fellow techs and I were involved in a huge research project. On the off chance you are interested, read part of it here.

I was the one selected to have a camera looking over my shoulder filming one of our tests. It was exciting for the first half hour or so, then when they wanted me to do the same thing another 10 times it got real old, real quick. Especially as I still had all my regular work to do.

And I didn't get a trailer or stand-in or anything.


Back to the practice interview. I did ok. A couple of my standard answers need a little work. I noticed I say 'um' a lot under stress.

The main thing that surprised me was when she told me I shook hands too firmly.

Now, the hubby thinks it's a contest to see who can break the most bones when he shakes hands, but I was shocked to find that was contagious.

It was very odd watching myself on the tape and a relief to find that I don't jig about in the chair or have any tics that I wasn't aware of.

3 Comments:

At Sat Oct 14, 11:04:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

secret to a handshake is to just hold out your hand rigid and let them squeeze as hard or soft as they like. Yours will just feel firm to them.

 
At Sun Oct 15, 02:51:00 p.m., Blogger citizen***146 said...

Now that IS an idea, saves on the timing thing and tedious assessment of opponents forearm strength.

 
At Tue Oct 17, 04:05:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go

 

Post a Comment

<< Home