eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Driving me....

Himself is currently interested in cars, see? and I try to be interested too but I'm not really all that good with cars. I did love the Beetle too



but most other cars all look the same to me.
On the day of my driving test, back in Leeds, before we started I was asked to read the licence plate of 'that Ford Cortina'*. I looked at the man who was about to test me and said, 'do you mean the red car?'
Sometimes I can be such a girl.
The rest of the test was just ok. Then at the end, we pull up and stop the car.
He looks at his test sheet and says 'well, Ms. Foley, I'm pleased to tell you, you've passed'. I looked at him and said 'Really?' in the tone of "what are you, an idiot?".
In my defence it was a stressful week, what with getting married two days later, and having 5 houseguests and stuff.


* obviously I don't know if it was a Ford Cortina, but it was red.

3 Comments:

At Sun Oct 08, 10:09:00 p.m., Blogger Sweary said...

Yes, but was it a funky Ford Cortina?

 
At Mon Oct 09, 10:07:00 a.m., Blogger Аглаша said...

Great car, my favorite WV Beetle, place mountains!
That red car Ford Cortina also on the pic?

 
At Tue Oct 10, 03:35:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

erm, it was red.
that's all i can tell you, really.
it wasn't a beetle or a mini!
the photo was taken a loooong time ago in Scotland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home