eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

oh, Canada


Before I get to the holiday, I wanted to comment on the hockey game we went to last week.

$50 for a seat with a not good view(not helped by the constant stream of people going back and forth), so couldn't really see much.

I'm not a big fan of team sports (mentioned before) but at least the CFL game last week was just that, a CFL game.

Hockey doesn't know what it is.

The biggest cheers of the night, when the audience were out of their seats and screaming were reserved for the fights. Supposed professional athletes throw down their hockey sticks, tear off the helmets and start to pound each other.

And the crowd goes wild...

They stop wandering around the stadium, talking on the phone and chatting to each other and turn into a mob. Whooping and screaming encouragement to the fight which is so popular that even the referres stand and watch.
A guy to my side had his son with him, a kid of maybe 6 or 7 and Dad was smiling proudly at junior as he cheered on this display.
No doubt it's usual and the pads the players wear mean they don't hurt each other much.
If I had wanted to see boxing then I would have gone to boxing.

2 Comments:

At Wed Sept 27, 05:26:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I myslef love hockey, and I think I am the only one in the arena who is happier when we score on goal, then when a fight breaks out. What scientific law does that prove? damn, i wish i paid attention in science class....

 
At Sat Sept 30, 06:42:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

there wasn't much science going on at the game! hmm, zoology maybe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home