eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Coney Island Baby




Maybe it started with Angel Heart or possibly Annie Hall or maybe it's even Lou Reed's fault, but Coney Island has been somewhere I wanted to see for myself for some time.


Every now and then it pops up again in some film or other, like Lord of War,Artificial Intelligence:AI, Requiem for A Dream or Pi. I can't personally vouch for it's apperance in Pi as, being one (and I've seen some dooozies, let me tell you, like this , this and this ) of the most boring films I have ever endured, I fell asleep.





So, on this visit to New York, being as how we were staying in Brooklyn and all, how could I not go to Coney island?
We dutifully walked along the boardwalk, ate ice cream and collected shells on the beach.



It didn't disappoint, right down to the perfect cheezy 80's music.

We didn't have a hot dog at Nathan's as, not being Canada, there was no veggie dog. Anyway I couln't eat 53 and 3/4 veggie dogs.

5 Comments:

At Thu Sept 28, 10:57:00 a.m., Blogger Sweary said...

I'm reminded of a Franz Ferdinand song, "Eleanor put your boots on". And Dora The Explorer once went to a land of icecream and it was called Coney Island. I love that little multi-lingual rapscallion!

 
At Thu Sept 28, 03:41:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

Loved the scene in Annie Hall showing his house under the roller coaster.
It's a shame the place has faded so much. Saw a great doc several years ago about the place- Dreamland and Luna Park. It was th place to go.
And Nathan's!!! My friends and I once almost got mugged in the Times Square Nathan's!

 
At Thu Sept 28, 07:41:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you both had a good time, regarding the bad movies - I was with you for 2 of the 3 so I share your pain.
E

 
At Fri Sept 29, 06:45:00 a.m., Blogger jodifosterturkeybaster said...

i didn't know there were so many gay people in Ireland. hmm

 
At Sat Sept 30, 06:39:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

SL- that Dora bird is eveywhere, may need to check her out.
Taffy it still has an atmosphere.
And E, yes, now I know who to blame.
as for jodiwhateverthefuck, it's a big internet go piss somewhere else

 

Post a Comment

<< Home