eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Friday, September 29, 2006

My holiday



Remember in school when the teacher would make everyone write about what they did in the summer holidays?


I remember thinking that I wish I'd been somewhere cool to write about, but all I'd ever done was go out on my bike or play football.


This year I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge , went to Woodstock(the town, not the hippy thing, well, the town does have a lot of hippies so....) and missed the Dalai Lama by 24 hours.


Apparently true. I was buying some earrings and the shop had a flyer in the window announcing an appearance by old 14 himself in the town of Woodstock for the next day.


We stayed at the Marriott and when they found out it was our wedding anniversary we were upgraded to a fab room in the new tower with a great view.

















Apart from Coney Island we went to a couple of other beaches too, like this one
















and he got to check out the surfing potential on Long Island, a mere 11 hour drive away.

And now it's back to the job hunt and being broke. On that subject I had a rubbish day yesterday. Cold calling practice session at the Employment resource center went ok until she surprised me by springing an extra thing on me that we hadn't talked about.
I then had to listen to myself on tape (does everyone hate that? ) saying 'um' a lot.
Fun.
Then it was off to the Job Fair.
My what a depressing waste of time and money that was.
One bitch tried to tell me off for attempting to take a leaflet from the big table rather than the little table she was at. I didn't want to stand in a line behind 15 people waiting to talk to her, just to get the leaflet that was 4cm away. I looked at her. Then slowly looked at the leaflet, then looked at her again.
She reached for the paper, picked it up and tried to give it to me.
I said 'no thank you'. Those were the words, but believe me it didn't really sound like that.
Anyway, after 3 hours of being told to go to these websites and 3 different people telling me that I probably need to go back to their college I was totally exhausted, so I trudged home.
Later that evening there was a knock on the door.
I got up to answer it slipped on the wooden floor and fell down, cracking my face off the door frame in the process. So now the left side of my face is swollen and red and hurts, a lot.

Just how much character do I need to build? Really, I think I have enough now.

3 Comments:

At Sat Sept 30, 05:09:00 p.m., Blogger the little dojo said...

I was just thinking of the same thing yesterday. Why is it that we have to go through bad times to develope character. It would be much more fun to develope it walking across the bridge, visiting Woodstook etc.

But no I have to break an arm lose a friendship or somthing big to slap me awake.

 
At Mon Oct 02, 01:29:00 p.m., Blogger lufra said...

i want to put some images on my blog, on the right side, but i'm not able...can u help me please?
(sorry for my english!!!)
:)

P.s: if u like my blog leave a comment :)
thanks

 
At Tue Oct 10, 07:48:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

karatecritic, indeed. I just wonder when it's enough.
lufra, looks like you solved it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home