eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"Hey, if you switched two letters in your name it'd spell, um... brain!"

Got phone call today, from someone wanting to speak to Amanua.
I was all set to explain that they had the wrong number when it occured to me that they may have read a 'D' as 'U' and maybe it was me they were looking for, when she said: 'No, I'm sure I have the right number.'
So, I tried to expain what may have happened and suggested that if the last name was mine then it was some sort of typo. She very grudgingly accepted that this might be the case but then made the fatal error of calling me Amanua again.

I have a golden rule: Never argue with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level and they have more experience down there.

4 Comments:

At Thu Oct 05, 12:03:00 p.m., Blogger Sweary said...

But how exotic it would be to be named Amanua. You must say it flamboyantly, of course. "Alo, sweeties! It is I, Amanua, here to suck your blood!"

 
At Thu Oct 05, 12:34:00 p.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

D and A are also only two keys apart. Good point about the dragging down part.

 
At Thu Oct 05, 05:32:00 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm, know what you mean... I get 'Conun' all the time, as if I were some sort of relationship in a convent.

 
At Fri Oct 06, 07:20:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

SW, hmm, I like it. and I never really liked the name amanda anyway.
SJ, the potential is there for all sorts of names, amanxa is good, what about amanqa?
and hey Conyn, you get used to it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home