eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Saturday, August 05, 2006

what kind of person is the corporation?


Whilst watching The Corporation on TV last night, a Canadian documentary film I first saw 2 or 3 years ago, I realised just how much of it I had forgotten. There was so much - interviews, statistics, archive footage and narrative it was overwhelming. One of the main things I remember is the whole segment on Fox news. The idea that a current events/News show had no need to tell the truth was disturbing to me.
Watching again the film-makers tried to determine the kind of personality that drives the corporationwas interesting. They used an analysis like a psychiatrist would a patient and ticked off boxes to even formulate a diagnosis. The 'average' corporation is psychopathic.
The first time I saw it it had me thinking for days and I'm sure this time will be the same.
Recommended.

2 Comments:

At Sat Aug 05, 01:23:00 p.m., Blogger Woozie said...

I saw a trailer for that on the internets, didn't they claim one day corporations would own our genes? That sounds like cocaine-induced paranoia to me.

ybgzr

 
At Sat Aug 05, 04:09:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

you would find yourself paranoid about many thibgs if you watch it, from antibiotics in milk to watching TV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home