eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Thursday, August 10, 2006

bugging me



There are well over 1,000,000 different known species of insects in the world, and some experts estimate that there might be as many as 10,000,000.
That's just species, can you imagine how many individual insects that is?
I can, because about half of them were in my house today.

ok, so maybe a slight exaggeration. There was a lot of the little buggers though.
First, a cloud of fruit flies in the little bin, 2 ants in the kitchen, a moth in the bathroom and one of these, a house centipede


zipping along near the TV, a HUGE black beetle thing and a crane fly
completed my visitors for the day.
I tell ya, there are only so many times a person can try to shoo insects back outside before it's squashing time.
I don't want to think about the bad karma involved in squashing at least 10 of those fruit flies.

5 Comments:

At Thu Aug 10, 07:25:00 a.m., Blogger Аглаша said...

I propose collect them under glass or make souvenires in varnish(?)

 
At Thu Aug 10, 08:24:00 a.m., Blogger Mahendran Govender said...

Have you tried those fly tape things? They're disgusting, but there is something about watching those flies struggle to get off that is just so satisfying..hehehehehe

 
At Thu Aug 10, 04:31:00 p.m., Blogger Woozie said...

My mother would have lost it.

 
At Thu Aug 10, 07:03:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

Yukkety yuk, the bugs are *bleurgh*

 
At Fri Aug 11, 04:14:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

luckily today has been almost bug free!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home