eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, August 07, 2006

Allow me an Eddie Izzard moment

Eddie says it so much better than me:
The same people who make toasters make showers. They have a turny button too, and that lies. It goes turn turn turn for hot, or turn turn turn for cold. But the only position we're interested in is in between there... and there. One nanomillimeter between extremely fucking hot, and fantastically freezing!


And that, folks, IS my shower.
The cold tap anyway. It real is less than that' ' much of a turn between 'hmm that's just right' and 'arghh'.


There has been some competition for the computer this weekend as himself has a new computer chess programme as the old one wouldn't load properly. Conversation in FutureShop with assistant: I'm looking for a computer chess game, I have the one with the old bloke on the front of the box, is there a newer version of it?
Assistant: o-k. They might be over there let me check for you.
We find the game he means and he points out to the really quite helpful assistant the picture of the old bloke on the front and now the assistant knows which game to go to if someone wants the one with the old bloke on the front.

And he's started a blog. The link has been added.

So, with less time to spend on the computer and the weather in Toronto being lovely this weekend, hot and sunny but with much lower humidity, woo hoo, I have neglected the ole blog.
I have said before that even though I am a bit of a film geek I wasn't going to do film reviews, I have slipped a little in this resolve, what with mentioning The Corporation and all and now one more very minor slip.
Clerks II is very good.
See that wasn't such a big thing, it's not a slippery slope, I promise.

3 Comments:

At Mon Aug 07, 03:35:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

I LOVE Eddie- especially his Death Star Cafeteria bit!

Enjoy the lower temps, Amanda.

Taffy

 
At Tue Aug 08, 08:51:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

didn't know Eddie was popular this side of the ocean. Good to find a fellow fan

 
At Wed Aug 09, 10:27:00 a.m., Blogger Instantiable said...

Eddie Izzard!! That's who I was trying to think of the other day. I told a friend of mine about the transvestite comic, and he just gave me a blank look. But I know when I mention the name, he'll go...

"Oh, THAT transvestite comic."

Funny, how I found you randomly, and you randomly quoted someone random in their own way. Now I'll randomly depart never to return ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home