eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

10 titles

Being a bit of a film geek, I put together a quiz which never happened for various reasons. But I do like pointless little film trivia.
I quite often use film quotes for the titles of my posts and thought that today I could use film quotes for my post.
These are a collection of lines from films where the title of the film is used in the dialogue.
Nothing too obscure and only one from a George Clooney film.
have a go
1. "Who are you?"
"You know who I am."
"I do?"
"Your friendly, neighborhood ---------

2."I was with the project when it was still with NASA, before it was sold to DBA. I was trained in physics. I was sent here to assess the economic potential of -------, whether or not it was a viable commercial property or possible energy source. I was still compiling data when this shit started happening.'"
"Did you run any tests on the ship?"


3. "You hook up with him and you'll regret it. If you live to."
"Thanks, darlin'. I know you got my best interests in mind. I appreciate it, sincerely. I love you, but I gotta get some sleep now."
"This whole world's ---- -- ----- and weird on top. I wish you'd sing me 'Love Me Tender.'"



4."So here's the drill. I'm your history teacher from now on. We will discuss current events. We will call this class -------- ------- -. We meet once a day. Alright, your first assignment is to prepare for me a new paper due tomorrow."
"Oh come on, Sweeney, it took me a week to read 'Mein Kampf.' That isn't fair. Well, what do you want me to do it on?"
"Your brother."



5. "It's called a ----- ----."
"What?"
"A safe room. A castle keep in medieval times."
"I've read about these."
"They're quite in vogue in high-end construction right now. One really can't be too careful about home invasion."


6."You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms or the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain."
"And an athlete."
"And a basket case."
"A princess."
"And a criminal"
"Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, --- --------- ----."




7."If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute. Pick up the phone and call the professionals."
"------------."
"Our courteous and efficient staff is on call 24 hours a day to serve all your supernatural eliimination needs."
"We're ready to believe you!"


8."I don't think there's ever been a --------- to match you. As for this young man, he insists you are Hector reborn. Or was it Hercules? Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name? You do have a name?"
"My name is ---------."
"How dare you show your back to me. Slave! You will remove your helmet and tell me your name."



9."Hey buddy, I'm not paying you to hear your thoughts on life. I'm paying you to sing."
"Well, I have a microphone and you don't. So you will listen to every damn word I have to say!! You know, it's funny. Some of us will never, ever find true love. Like, take for instance, me. And I'm pretty sure that guy, right there. And that lady with the sideburns. And basically everbody at table nine. But the worst thing is that me, fatty, sideburns lady, and the mutants over at table nine will never, ever find a way to better the situation. Because apparently, we have absolutely nothing to offer the opposite sex."
"You are the worst ------- ------ in the world, buddy!"
"Sir, one more outburst, I will strangle you with my microphone wire, you understand me? Now let's cut the stupid cake, cuz I know the fat guy's gonna have a heart attack if we don't eat again soon. And while we do that, here's a little mood music for you."



10. "Was I trying to say 'Raymond' and it came out ---- ---?"
"Yeah. Funny ---- ---."
"You? You're the ---- ---?"

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Tue Aug 22, 10:56:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

Guess I am the brave one to go first- Guessing with one or two but will give it a go.

1. Spider-Man
2. Solaris
3. Wild at Heart
4. American History X
5. Panic Room
6. The Breakfast Club
7. Ghostbusters
8. Gladiator
9. Wedding Singer
10. Rain Man

Taffy

 
At Wed Aug 23, 12:01:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taffy beat me to it with 10 out of 10 (i think). I only had 7. Do I get bonus points for actually going to see no. & with you?
E

 
At Wed Aug 23, 12:49:00 a.m., Blogger Sandra said...

Well, I got 7 and 9, and guessed 5. Another triumph on my part.

 
At Wed Aug 23, 03:50:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

yes, 10/10 for Taffy. well done.
which one's did you miss E?
Sandra, better luck next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home