eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Alfred: I must have dozed off. My sincerest apologies.

Been a bit quiet on the blog for a few days, general lack of inspiration and busy doing other stuff.
The brother is coming over for a visit in a couple of weeks so it was off to Ikea again for a few things to make the house more suitable for visitors.
Got a chair and for the first time ever, was slightly stumped by the directions.



Normally I am pretty good was this was a bit of a blow to the ego.
Sorted it.
On the lookout for a table, we went to the Elegant Garage Sale, a shop on Bayview avenue which has some great old furniture and general stuff. Toronto is great for lots of independent shops, not just one chain after another and Bayview is a good example of this.
Also, some of the best shop names.
I quite like Giftfellas, the sign in the same type of script as Goodfellas or the Godfather, but my favourite is The Merchant of Tennis.
I don't play tennis and have no interest in tennis, but it's got to be good advertising if I know about a tennis supply shop on Bayview.

5 Comments:

At Mon Aug 21, 10:05:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

Love the store names!
Here are a few from the States

The Merchant of Vino-Michigan

Fabu (stands for Fabulous and Unique)-Kansas City

Taffy

 
At Tue Aug 22, 08:32:00 a.m., Blogger Mahendran Govender said...

Well the best sea food restaurant in cape town is called "The CodFather" ..

:)

SS

 
At Tue Aug 22, 04:54:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi A!

Since you are a lousy email reader, here I am posting a message that anyone can read! ; )
I just came from my summer holydays…
I had tree lovely weeks: Just sleeping, eating, drinking and going out!
Took Jarle to several places near my parents home and near Aveiro. We went also to Porto and we visit the same places as you and Ian. If I do that again I won’t need any tour guide!
We had some “sauna” days and it was almost impossible to go out without getting a serious skin burn.
But now everything is over and I have to take care of many things before going to Vienna. I will be there from September 5 until November 30. Will tell you all about the Austrian people!
Talk to you soon.
Take care, C.

 
At Tue Aug 22, 08:52:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

C, your usual cheeky self I see!!!
for me to read an email you would have to write one to me :-)
good to hear about your hols, now go email me.....

 
At Wed Aug 23, 04:02:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

The Codfather I like. can they make you an offer?
Merchant of Vino, could be a trend starting. King Lear for a glasses shop, geddit? huh? I'll stop now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home