eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Just over the Chuck Norris Bridge

A while ago I heard the story of the new bridge (hid in Hungarian, one of about 3 words I know)being built across the Danube in Budapest.
There is a website sep up to allow people to vote on the name of this bridge and at that time one of the apparently serious contenders was to call it the Chuck Norris bridge.
read it here


Well Stephen Colbert heard about it and decided to see if he could get that changed and have the bridge named after him. So he has started a campaign on his show to get people to vote for him.
I got a bit of a surprise when I went to the voting page.
There are, I don't know, hundreds of names on there for this bridge.
Including, Jack Bauer Hid, Skywalker, Mel Gibson, Bruce Lee and Michael Jackson.
Then there are the music references, Green Day hid, Guns N' Roses, Madonna and Achtung Baby.
I noticed at least 2 of the South Park kids names, Alfred Hitchcock, several football teams (AC Milan, Manchester United), Dr House and Titanic all listed and ready to be voted on.
I quite like the sound of Casablanca Hid but as for Easy Rider, not so much.
Tequila and Bridge are just plain bad.
Voting ends on September 8th and whatever it ends up being called it's going to be a very famous bridge, I just hope it's not the Britney Spears Hid.

11 Comments:

At Thu Aug 17, 02:04:00 p.m., Blogger Woozie said...

God I hope it's not the Chuck Norris bridge. I think I'd rather it be something like the James Earl Ray bridge, that's hjow much I dislike Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris jokes are not funny. Chuck Norris is not funny.

 
At Thu Aug 17, 02:48:00 p.m., Blogger Mahendran Govender said...

Chuck Norris is not funny. Chuck Norris simply is.

How about the "And then we" hid?

Or the "Its a good thing you" hid?

Or the "Dammit he" hid?

hehehehehehehehe...i crack myself up :P

SS

 
At Fri Aug 18, 06:18:00 a.m., Blogger Terra Shield said...

Skywalker 'Hid'...

 
At Fri Aug 18, 09:27:00 a.m., Blogger Phil said...

Chuck Norris freaks me out a little.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 01:58:00 p.m., Blogger Woozie said...

Chuck Norris wouldn't stand a chance against SNAKES ON A PLANE. That topic is not open to discussion.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 04:39:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was your suggestion?
Let me know and (If it is any good) I will vote for it also.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 08:29:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

woozie, next week no more Snakes on a Plane?
SS, I havn't thought of any of those, good lateral thinking.
also from anusha.
anf 'his father' I'm tempted to vote for Stephen Colbert but I really think it should be up to the Hungarians to decide. I have family there(including my god-daughter) and I'm think they would prefer to have final say.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 10:00:00 p.m., Blogger Woozie said...

I still might make a passing reference to it every now and then, but Snakes Week is over.

 
At Sun Aug 20, 02:40:00 a.m., Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

.

 
At Wed Aug 23, 03:58:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

Dave, absolutely! Zsa Zsa Gabor it is, at least it's a connection to Hungary. Do they even show the Colbert Report in Hungary?
(not getting the tony curtis thing btw, wasn't he born in NYC?)

 
At Thu Oct 05, 12:50:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

thanks Dave!
Mr Colbert had s Hungarian offical on his show to announce the win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home