This week the quiz,in honour of a good friend's engagement this weekend, is a mixture of questions about films with an engagement as a main focus. For each item, name the film.
Update- some answers
Aunty and cristin got - Sweet Home Alabama
2. This 2000 film had the tag-line -First comes love. Then comes the interrogation.
Aunty got - Meet The Parents
3. Quote- I know, the people are quite taken with her. It's odd, but when I hired Vizzini to have her murdered on our engagement day, I thought that was clever. But it's going to be so much more moving when I strangle her on our wedding night. Once Guilder is blamed, the nation will truly be outraged - they'll demand we go to war.
Aunty got - The Princess Bride
Aunty and cristin got - Monster-in-Law
5. Quote- Walter: [giving Annie an engagement ring] It was my grandmother's. I had them size it down. She had really fat fingers.
6. Quote- Joe: [trying to get Jerry to face reality regarding his engagement to Osgood] Jerry, Jerry, will you take my advice? Forget about the whole thing, will ya? Just keep telling yourself: you're a boy, you're a boy.
Jerry: [coming around] I'm a boy. I'm a boy. I wish I were dead. I'm a boy. Boy, oh boy, am I a boy. Now, what am I gonna do about my engagement present?
Aunty got - Some Like it Hot
Aunty and cristin got -My Best Friend's Wedding
8. The 1950 version of this film had the tag-line - You're invited . . . to a hilarious wedding !
the 1991 re-make tag-line was - Love is wonderful. Until it happens to your only daughter.
Aunty and cristin got - Father of the Bride
9. Anna is a young widow who is finally getting on with her life after the death of her husband, Sean. Now engaged to be married, Anna meets a ten-year-old boy who tells her he is Sean reincarnated.
10. Five desperate men shoot themselves in order to be relieved from the horrifying frontline at the Somme, in WWI. A court-martial decides to punish them by leaving them alone in no-man's land, to be killed in the crossfire. One of these men's fiancée, a young girl who can't after an accident as a child, receives information that makes her suspect his boyfriend might have gotten away alive. So she embarks in a painful, long and often frustrating ordeal to find out the truth.
Aunty got - A Very Long Engagement