eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, September 08, 2008

This week the quiz,in honour of a good friend's engagement this weekend, is a mixture of questions about films with an engagement as a main focus. For each item, name the film.
Update- some answers
1.



Aunty and cristin got - Sweet Home Alabama
















2. This 2000 film had the tag-line -First comes love. Then comes the interrogation.
Aunty got - Meet The Parents

3. Quote- I know, the people are quite taken with her. It's odd, but when I hired Vizzini to have her murdered on our engagement day, I thought that was clever. But it's going to be so much more moving when I strangle her on our wedding night. Once Guilder is blamed, the nation will truly be outraged - they'll demand we go to war.
Aunty got - The Princess Bride


4.






Aunty and cristin got - Monster-in-Law







5. Quote- Walter: [giving Annie an engagement ring] It was my grandmother's. I had them size it down. She had really fat fingers.


6. Quote- Joe: [trying to get Jerry to face reality regarding his engagement to Osgood] Jerry, Jerry, will you take my advice? Forget about the whole thing, will ya? Just keep telling yourself: you're a boy, you're a boy.

Jerry: [coming around] I'm a boy. I'm a boy. I wish I were dead. I'm a boy. Boy, oh boy, am I a boy. Now, what am I gonna do about my engagement present?
Aunty got - Some Like it Hot
7.





Aunty and cristin got -My Best Friend's Wedding














8. The 1950 version of this film had the tag-line - You're invited . . . to a hilarious wedding !
the 1991 re-make tag-line was - Love is wonderful. Until it happens to your only daughter.
Aunty and cristin got - Father of the Bride

9. Anna is a young widow who is finally getting on with her life after the death of her husband, Sean. Now engaged to be married, Anna meets a ten-year-old boy who tells her he is Sean reincarnated.


10. Five desperate men shoot themselves in order to be relieved from the horrifying frontline at the Somme, in WWI. A court-martial decides to punish them by leaving them alone in no-man's land, to be killed in the crossfire. One of these men's fiancée, a young girl who can't after an accident as a child, receives information that makes her suspect his boyfriend might have gotten away alive. So she embarks in a painful, long and often frustrating ordeal to find out the truth.
Aunty got - A Very Long Engagement

4 Comments:

At Tue Sept 09, 04:04:00 p.m., Blogger Maire said...

1. Sweet Home Alabama
3. The Princess Bride
4. Monster in Law
6. Some like it hot
7. My best friends wedding
8. Father of the Bride
10. A very long engagement

 
At Tue Sept 09, 04:44:00 p.m., Blogger Ashwin Alexander said...

1. Sweet Home Alabama
2. Too old to be Mr. and Mrs. Smith
4. Monster-in-Law
6. Jerry Maguire
7. My Best Friend's Wedding
8. Er. Father of the Bride? I didn't know there was a 50s version though.

 
At Wed Sept 10, 02:14:00 p.m., Blogger Maire said...

In the middle of thinking about all the things I had to do today last night, my brain went 'click' in a totally different direction and it occurred to me:

2. Meet the Parents

 
At Sat Sept 13, 11:36:00 p.m., Blogger Steve said...

9. Birth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home