eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, August 11, 2008

Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends.

For reasons I don't really want to get into here the film quiz this week is all about friends.
Name the film from the quote.

1. Remember, Bruce! Fish are friends, not food!
aunty got - Finding Nemo


2. You could argue he'd done it to curry favor with the guards. Or, maybe make a few friends among us cons. Me, I think he did it just to feel normal again, if only for a short while.
aunty got -Shawshank Redemption


3. Medium? Why sir, did you know that for a mere 25 cents more you can purchase a large beverage? And you know... I'm only telling you this because we're such good friends: Medium is really only for suckers who don't know the concept of value.



4. Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning.
aunty got - Trainspotting



5. I wonder if the three of us would've been friends in real life. Not as brothers, but as people.



6. Good morning everybody, this is a robbery. Now if nobody loses their head, nobody will lose their head. Now Simon says everybody lay down on the floor, except you sir. You'll have a story to tell your friends, or a tag on your toe, it's your decision, now you take this bag and empty the cash register into it.
citizen 146 got - Pulp Fiction


7. Don't you ever talk about my friends. You don't know any of my friends. You don't look at any of my friends. And you certainly wouldn't condescend to speak to any of my friends. So you just stick to the things you know: shopping, nail polish, your father's BMW, and your poor, rich drunk mother in the Caribbean.



8. Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.
aunty and cristin got - Fight Club


9. I don' think so. You know one day your going to wake up and realize that you no longer have a brother. And you no longer have any friends. And on that day, I'm gonna be front and center laughing my fucking ass off.



10. Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.



11. You CANNOT make friends with the rock stars. That's what's important. If you're a rock journalist - first, you will never get paid much. But you will get free records from the record company. And they'll buy you drinks, you'll meet girls, they'll try to fly you places for free, offer you drugs... I know. It sounds great. But they are not your friends. These are people who want you to write sanctimonious stories about the genius of the rock stars, and they will ruin rock and roll and strangle everything we love about it.



12. So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Labels:

9 Comments:

At Mon Aug 11, 04:51:00 p.m., Blogger Maire said...

1. Finding Nemo
2. The Shawshank Redemption
4. Trainspotting
8. Fight Club

11. is on the tip of my brain... the film was directed by Cameron Crowe and the line is said by Philip Seymore Hoffman, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the film. That is going to annoy me all day!

 
At Tue Aug 12, 04:37:00 p.m., Blogger Ashwin Alexander said...

8. Fightclub
11. That movie about these fans on the road with rockstars?

 
At Wed Aug 13, 03:35:00 p.m., Blogger citizen***146 said...

six Pulp fictiion with a few extra letters in the director s cut.

 
At Fri Aug 15, 11:04:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

aunty and cristin the film you couldn't quite get is not that FAMOUS, it's ALMOST but not really......
citizen, is that fiction to hide your spelling mistakes?

 
At Mon Aug 25, 10:24:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

9 the 25th hour
10 almost famous

 
At Tue Aug 26, 02:33:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

anon - i think you mean 10 and 11. in which case you are right.

 
At Mon Mar 23, 12:32:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

12. American History X

 
At Tue Nov 24, 11:54:00 a.m., Anonymous Ashab said...

n° 10 => "The 25th Hour" by Spike Lee

 
At Tue Nov 24, 12:01:00 p.m., Anonymous Ashab said...

n°5 => The Darjeeling Limited
n° 11 => almost Famous
n° 12 => American History X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home