eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, August 04, 2008

Can you taste the Monday Movie Quiz?

First we had smell, then last week it was sight, in this week's film quiz the questions are about taste.
Name the film from the quote.
Update- answers

1. No, I wouldn't allow it. The taste would be terrible. Can you imagine Augustus-flavoured chocolate-coated Gloop? Ew. No one would buy it. cristin and aunty got - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

2. They cursed us. Murderer they called us. They cursed us, and drove us away. And we wept, Precious, we wept to be so alone. And we only wish to catch fish so juicy sweet. And we forgot the taste of bread... the sound of trees... the softness of the wind. We even forgot our own name. cristin and aunty got - Lord of the Rings but aunty was more right with Return of the King

3. That's exactly my point. Exactly. Because you have to wonder: how do the machines know what Tasty Wheat tasted like? Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe what I think Tasty Wheat tasted like actually tasted like oatmeal, or tuna fish. That makes you wonder about a lot of things. You take chicken, for example: maybe they couldn't figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything.
steve got - The Matrix
4. Would you like something to eat? Something to nibble? Apricots, soaked in honey? Quite why, no one knows, because it stops them tasting like apricots and makes them taste like honey... and if you wanted honey, you could just... buy honey. Instead of apricots. But nevertheless they're yours if you want them.
steve got- Notting Hill
5. I don't need you to tell me how fucking good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys SHIT. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead nigger in my garage.
cristin and aunty got- Pulp Fiction
6. How it's a living thing. I like to think about what was going on the year the grapes were growing; how the sun was shining; if it rained. I like to think about all the people who tended and picked the grapes. And if it's an old wine, how many of them must be dead by now. I like how wine continues to evolve, like if I opened a bottle of wine today it would taste different than if I'd opened it on any other day, because a bottle of wine is actually alive. And it's constantly evolving and gaining complexity. That is, until it peaks, like your '61. And then it begins its steady, inevitable decline.
steve got - Sideways
7. You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia. What is your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the FBI.
cristin and aunty got - Silence of the Lambs

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Tue Aug 05, 04:11:00 p.m., Blogger Ashwin Alexander said...

1. Willie Wonka (or is it Charlie?) and the Chocolate Factory (The one with Johnny Depp..)

2. Lord of the Rings: Two Towers

5. Pulp Fiction

7. Silence of the Lambs (I watched this bit of the movie last night!)

 
At Tue Aug 05, 05:09:00 p.m., Blogger Maire said...

Damn you Cristin, you got all of the ones I know....although I think 2 is LOTR: the return of the King, but I could be wrong.

The others seems familiar, but I don't know them right here, right now...

 
At Tue Aug 05, 05:19:00 p.m., Blogger Steve said...

4. Notting Hill
6. Sideways

3. The Matrix (just to prove that I know more than just chick flick & artsy movie quotes).

 
At Tue Aug 05, 10:10:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

so almost a tie between cristin and aunty this week. aunty pips it!
steve- as if anyone needs to know more than chick flick and artsy quotes

 
At Wed Aug 06, 11:35:00 p.m., Blogger Maire said...

Stewards enquiry! I think the winning judgement is not entirely fair on Cristin... I could have been faking it! I could be a machiavellian genius hellbent on winning random blog quizzes by pretending to know answers that people have already put down! In the interest of fairness I think Cristin should getting the prize for winning this week - a non-corporeal prize is always easier to give away!

 
At Fri Aug 08, 01:20:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

I was working from previous performances, but just shows, little do I know of the ways of helpful dictators! This week's super-deluxe prize goes to cristin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home