This week the movie quiz is all about films that I have given a rating of 3 /10 or less.
Name the film from the clues.
update- some answers
1. Halle Berry accepted the Golden Raspberry Award she 'won' for this film herself.
In a mystical twist of fate, she is transformed into a woman with the strength, speed, agility and ultra-keen senses of a cat. With her newfound prowess and feline intuition, Patience becomes ...? aunty and cristin got - Catwoman
2. Over 150 gallons of blood were used in the making of the movie, nearly three times the amount used on director Eli Roth's first film. The trailers bill the movie as "inspired by true events". Eli Roth says that he found a Thai website that advertised itself as a "murder vacation," offering users the chance to torture and kill someone for the price of $10,000. Roth later showed the site to Quentin Tarantino and the two developed the idea for the film. Tarantino and Roth said later on an Icelandic talk show that they have no idea if the website was real or not.
steve got- Hostel
3. Marisa Ventura is a single mother born and bred in the boroughs of New York City, who works as a maid in a first-class Manhattan hotel. By a twist of fate and mistaken identity, Marisa meets Christopher Marshall, a handsome heir to a political dynasty, who believes that she is a guest at the hotel.
aunty and cristin got -Maid in Manhattan
4. Orin Boyd (Steven Seagal) is a Detroit cop who doesn't follow rules. After he saved the Vice President by violating every order he received he is transferred to one of the worst precincts in the city. There he quickly encounters some corrupt cops selling heroin to drug dealers. The problem is, it's very difficult to tell who is the bad guy and who you can trust.
Erik (and steve) got- Exit Wounds
5. In a 2000 interview, Sandra Bullock jokingly referred to this movie as "the biggest piece of crap ever made." Keanu Reeves turned down the movie to go on tour with his band Dogstar.
The tagline for this 1997 sequel is -As the stakes get higher, the ride gets even faster.
aunty and cristin got - Speed 2 Cruise Control
6. This 2001 stinker stars Paul Hogan and Linda Kozlowski, has the tagline -He heard there was wildlife in L.A. He didn't know how wild. and starts with crocodile hunting has been made illegal; therefore Mick has been reduced to wrestling the animals for the entertainment of tourists, having as his rival in the business another Outback survivalist named Jacko. When an opportunity comes for Sue to become Los Angeles bureau chief of a newspaper owned by her father, Mick and family cross the Pacific to California.
aunty got -Crocodile Dundee 3
7. This 2004 waste of 91 minutes stars Ashley Olsen, Mary-Kate Olsen and Eugene Levy. All you need to know is the plot concerns one day in New York City, as Jane Ryan (Ashley Olsen) tries out for an overseas college program and her sister Roxy (Mary-Kate Olsen) schemes to meet her favorite punk rockers, a series of mishaps throws their day into chaos. In order for them both to accomplish their goals, the normally adversarial sisters decide to unite against the forces around them.
steve got -New York Minute
8. Sylvester Stallone is Judge, Jury, AND Executioner in this 1995 junker set in the year is 2139. The Planet Earth has changed into a virtually uninhabitable place called the "Cursed Earth". All of the Earth's population have crowded into the cities across the planet, now known as "Mega Cities". The crimes in these "Mega cities" became so violent and so powerful, that the regular justice system was powerless to contain, then it collapsed completely. But, a new Justice System came from the ashes, They were 3 justice systems in 1 (Police, Jury and executioner), they were called "Judges".
aunty and cristin got - Judge Dredd
9. This film won five Razzies, including worst picture, worst actor and worst director. Tom Green showed up to the ceremony to pick up his awards. It's classified as a comedy and starts out with 'Gordy' being told quite correctly that his cartoon ideas are stupid and make no sense, he decides to move back home and rethink his future. Freddy is his brother. Really that's all you're getting as I can't think about it any more.
steve got - Freddy Got Fingered
Labels: monday movie quiz