eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

tag, you're it

Ninquelosse at Cineism (and Emma too) tagged me to do this movie related meme. Yay!

Of course they both already came up with all the cool answers so I've been trying to think of something different.

Anyway here goes

1. Popcorn or candy?

Popcorn and it has to be salted popcorn, not the sticky sweet stuff. The best popcorn is at Grauman's Chinese Theatre which is this one here. Because, being Hollywood, LaLa land they don't dare put the salt on for you and instead supply packets of 2 different types of salt for you to use and melted butter and various other additions on a red velvet covered table.

2. Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever.

Paths of Glory. The main reason being it's the only film in the top 50 of the IMdB top 250 that I have not seen. Don't know why. I don't have a problem with war-theme films or Kubrick, so why have I never seen this one?

3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar: Who loses theirs and to whom?

Ninquelosse picked Titanic to lose to L.A. Confidential and Emma took Tom Hanks Forest Gumps and gave it to Morgan Freeman for Shawshank. Both spot on, and while we are correcting history the one that springs to mind for me is A Beautiful Mind. Not the Best Picture of that year, which was this.

4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe. Which will it be?

Well, the question doesn't say I have to wear it, so....I'll have anything George wore, please.

Especially anything from Solaris










or O Brother Where Art Thou?











If it has to be something for me to wear I'll have Ziyi Zhangs's green outfit from House of Flying Daggers (and the figure to go with it)













5. Your favorite film franchise is...

Might have been Star Wars if he hadn't ruined it with the 3 new ones.

Would have been The Matrix except the first one is genius and the other two, well, aren't.

So I'll have to agree with ninquelosse and say The Lord of The Rings.
I'm not a fan of the books but the films were, and are, great. And will still be seen as such in years to come.

6. Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite them? What do you feed them?
Well, no hestitation as to the first guest! Mr. Clooney. Owen Wilson, Johnny Depp, Frances McDormand and Ewan McGregor round out the rest of the guest list because they all either have something to say and/or say it with great voices or accents so I could just listen to them all night while we eat:
Aromatic spiced chick peas to start. With rocket and sour cream.
Then my Mushroom Stroganoff with white and wild rice and
everyone brings their own favourite dessert.
lots of wine and champagne.

7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theatre?
Lifetime ban from all cinemas.

When I Have My Own Cinema (a little daydream of mine) there will be a small keypad for regulars. This keypad will activate an electrical shock current in the seat of cell-phone users, talkers and people too stupid to follow the film on their own and feel the need to discuss every LITTLE THING.


8. Choose a female bodyguard: Ripley from Aliens. Mystique from X-Men. Sarah Connor from Terminator 2. The Bride from Kill Bill. Mace from Strange Days.



Hmm. Mystique from X-Men could change to look like anyone so....

no, it would have to be The Bride

9. What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie?

I do tend to get very involved so there have been many scary moments. The Blair Witch Project really got to me. Not helped by some people I know standing in the corner facing the wall when I walked into a room for days after.

Scariest scene, when James Can gets his ankles smashed in Misery, or THAT bit in Ring, with the television, or Danny on his trike in The Shining, or saying Candyman five times in the mirror, or the red coat in Don't Look Now, because on the way home, in the rain, from watching it there was a woman in a red coat in front of me, or most of Eraserhead.
I think that about covers it.


10. Your favorite genre (excluding comedy and drama) is?
Apart from my two favourites which have been excluded, I do love the whole interconnecting story thing. Not really a genre I know but some great films like Amores perros, Crash and I'll include Twelve Monkeys in there too.

11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power?



Mwahhahh*evil power crazed laugh*.

Only one year, so I'll have to work fast.

First off the following people can no longer make films, they can't even make the coffee on a film set:

Kirsten Dunst.

Hayden Christensen.



Tom Green. Just because of this


















Jennifer Lopez.

Any singer(so that includes Britney, Madonna and technically Hasselhoff), rapper or Paris Hilton.
Then, Tarantino, Christopher Guest and the Coen brothers can have what ever they want.
Music is to be supplied by E from the eels, David Holmes, Beck and anything suggested by Quentin.
I get to do a Hitchcock-type cameo in any film I like.
All my favourites in one film, George, Johnny Depp, Samuel L. Jackson, Salma Hayek, Owen Wilson, Pacino.
But, no film can have a budget of more than 150 Million dollars.

12. Bonnie or Clyde?
Bonnie. Even though Warren Beatty looked get had some great lines, Bonnie did it all with style.


13. Who are you tagging to answer this survey?
There are a few people whose answers I'd love to see, but they either don't have blogs or probably wouldn't do it....
I like to see Taffy's answers.
and Steve's.
maybe Scooterdeb too?

and anyone else, even if it's not the whole thing.

7 Comments:

At Thu Nov 16, 10:37:00 a.m., Blogger Osman said...

Hi Amanda!
Thanks for visiting my site. Yes, it is possible to earn money with payperpost.com. There are members who have already earned 3000$, soon i will be paid as well. i am there for 15 days and happy with it. If you want to learn more about it, check http://boards.payperpost.com forum. I made many friends there! They are helpful. If you think of being a member, please use my mail osmansolmaz(at)gmail.com, so you will make me earn 5$ ;)
feel free to ask any question you have.

i <3 ppp :)

by the way, i guess your blog would be accepted ;)

 
At Thu Nov 16, 11:21:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

"i guess your blog would be accepted "

spambot english sucks. anyway i am typing one handed and wanted to say you sure know a lot about movies.

 
At Thu Nov 16, 11:43:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

SJ. why are you typing one handed?

 
At Thu Nov 16, 12:20:00 p.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

laz y

 
At Thu Nov 16, 07:49:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

Okay- here are my answers.

1.Popcorn-mixed with M&Ms an old treat from my college days that I haven't had in years.

2. There really isn't anything that I haven't gotten to but last night I caught the end to the Canadian movie "Last Night" about the end of the world- set in Toronto! Sandra Oh was fantastic. Hope to catch the whole thing.

3.How Green Was My Valley loses it and it is given to Citizen Kane!

4.One Costume to wear- Audrey Hepburn's hat in Breakfast at Tiffanys (I would never fit into the dress). One to keep and snuggle with- anything worn by Sam Waterston.

5. Dont have a favorite francise.

6. The Dinner Guest Five-Orson Welles age 25 (so damn sexy), Sam of course, Dorothy Parker (so witty), Henry Rollins, and my friend Tim.

7.Punishment- either beaten to death with phone or forced to eat it. Their choice.

8.Bodyguard- the Bride.

9. Scariest movie for me, hands down, Blair Witch- I stayed up all night until Sesame Street came on-something about Elmo made me feel safe. Yes, I am nuts.

10. Favorite genre- quirky independent movies- like "Scotland, PA" and documentaries.

11. Hire Henry Rollins as my personal assistant. No problems, plus the guy likes the same movies I do. Tom Cruise is not allowed near a camera, you better have a good reason for spending the money (some movies are worth every buck spent) More original voices, more actors that look like real people. No more press junkets-what trash.

12 Bonnie-confidence, style, always ready to go.

13. Really don't have anyone on the blogs will send it to my friends Lisa and Sue.

 
At Fri Nov 17, 07:22:00 p.m., Blogger Unmutual said...

Good call on FOTR vs Beautiful Mind...

 
At Sat Nov 18, 08:51:00 a.m., Blogger Osman said...

what do you mean by spambot english sucks?
yeah, i know my english is not that good but it is not a good way to correct it if you mean that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home