eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, October 30, 2006

Eye know it's Monday

It's that Day of the Week again. When I astonish, bewilder, confound, confuse, dumbfound, flabbergast, overwhelm, startle, stun, stupefy, surprise, and discombobulate with the Monday Film quiz.
Quotes from films, some old, some not. I don't think there is a George one this week.

Updates: solved so far
1. They march you in naked as the day you were born, skin burning and half blind from that delousing shit they throw on you, and when they put you in that cell... and those bars slam home... that's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. E got - The Shawshank Redemption

2. If you look at the whole life of the planet, we... you know, man, has only been around for a few blinks of an eye. So if the infection wipes us all out, that is a return to normality. E got -28 Days Later

3. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. E got -American Psycho

4. Things have certainly changed around here. I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees. E got - Back to the Future

5. I've had my eye socket punched in, a kidney taken out and I got a bone-chip in my ankle that's never gonna heal. I've seen some pretty shitty situations in my life, but nothing has ever sucked more ass than this! E got- Bad Santa

6. Is it true she's got a glass eye? I heard she got it from the gypsies...
scooterdeb got- Big Fish

7. Ahh... Do I detect a look of disapproval in your eye? [spays perfume in Paul's direction] Tough beans buddy, 'cause that's the way it's gonna be.

8. Well, tens of thousands killed before sundown. Nobody's killed people that fast since Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Did you bat an eye, Max? E got - Collateral

9. If only I could meet someone new. I guess my chances of that happening are somewhat diminished, seeing that I'm incapable of making eye contact with a woman I don't know.
ninquelosse got- Eternal Sunshine
10. Bravo! Vive la France! You scalded me! Bravo! Ten out of ten! Ten out of ten! Bull's eye!
Taffy got one of my favourite films too - Amelie

11. That's my Foe-Glass. Lets me keep an eye on my enemies. When I see the whites of their eyes, it means they're right behind me. Sandra got- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

12. I was wondering, just between us girls, what did you say to Pai Mei for him to snatch out your eye? E got - Kill Bill Vol 2

Labels:

11 Comments:

At Tue Oct 31, 08:29:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

10 is from my all time favorite film Amelie

Taffy

 
At Tue Oct 31, 11:13:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

11. Alastor "Mad Eye" Moody ('cept it wasn't, it was Barty Crouch Jr.)) in HPATGOF.

 
At Wed Nov 01, 06:07:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 shawshank redemption?
2 28 days later
3 american psyco?
4 back to the future
5 bad santa
8 collateral
12 kill bill vol 2?

There you go "snake" hows that?
E

 
At Wed Nov 01, 08:47:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

weel done all, but Erik, minus 10 points for the 'snake' comment.

 
At Thu Nov 02, 03:33:00 a.m., Blogger Sandra said...

E spends too much time watching films. *grin*

 
At Thu Nov 02, 09:21:00 a.m., Blogger Steve said...

I refuse to take part in this week's 'eye' quiz on the account that you did not include Phil Hartman's Alcatraz prison guard quote from 'So I Married An Axe Murderer'.

 
At Thu Nov 02, 07:34:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

E is my brother, so it must run in the family!
steve- enlighten me??

 
At Thu Nov 02, 10:17:00 p.m., Blogger Steve said...

Phit Hartman plays a prison guard giving a tour of Alcatraz to Mike Myer's character:

"Now this is something the other tour guides won't tell you. In this particular cell-block, Machine Gun Kelly had what we call in the prison system, a "bitch". And one night in a jealous rage Kelly took a make-shift knife or "shiv", and cut out the bitch's eyes. And as if this wasn't enough retribution for Kelly, the next day he and four other inmates took turns pissing into the bitch's ocular cavities...... This way to the cafeteria! "

 
At Sun Nov 05, 11:59:00 p.m., Blogger Scooter Deb said...

Oooh! Number 6 is from Big Fish!

I call all Ewan McGregor movie answers from now on...

 
At Mon Nov 06, 08:49:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

steve- a worthy addition, I apologise for leaving it out...
scooterdeb- yep! well done, didn't think anyone was going to get that one.

 
At Tue Nov 14, 04:50:00 p.m., Blogger Unmutual said...

Finally got 9...it's Eternal Sunshine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home