eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, November 20, 2006

Rocky II



I mentioned our neighbourhood raccoon before. The green bin is for organic waste like vegetable peelings, food, cardboard tubes from kitchen paper, coffee grounds and filters, that sort of stuff.


Well ole Rocky (he had a name change) decided to play a little game with me at 2 am yesterday(today?).

For the past few months his favourite games have been - how-far-can-I-spread-these-teabags, -foodscraps-and vegetable-peelings and what-will-they-try-next-to-stop-me.




We tried putting the green bin in different locations and the latest thing was a large, heavy piece of concrete on the top.

That was working up until 1.58 am.

Rocky has now figured out a way to knock over the bin, concrete and all.

I heard the racket and went to investigate. I deliberately made some noise opening the door thinking that would scare him away.

He just sat on the deck, no more that 2 feet away from me staring at me, looking through the contents of the bin for his dinner. I tried shoo-ing him. He just looked at me like I was the kid who made a silly face and it stayed that way and Stevie Wonder picks out my clothes.

I grabbed the torch that is on the floor just inside the door and shone it directly in his eyes and eventually he verrrrry slowly wandered off. I picked up the bin, turned it the other way and put the rock back on top.

About a minute later, loud racket from the back deck.


Same look on his face.


I managed to chase him off again and picked the bin up and brought it in to the kitchen.

6 Comments:

At Mon Nov 20, 09:05:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

I'll send you a freeze dried baboon. Just throw it down and spit on it to activate.

 
At Mon Nov 20, 10:19:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its cute, having said that I would not be happy to have it wake me up at 2 in the morning.

Does it still pick the tomatos of pizza before eating?
E

 
At Mon Nov 20, 11:21:00 a.m., Blogger Sandra said...

I think they have a reputation for being a bit snarky. Maybe you need a big cross dog?

 
At Mon Nov 20, 02:51:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

If I had seen it, they would have heard the scream back here in Chicago.

Taffy
Worth only $603,500 (guess age depreciates you)

 
At Tue Nov 21, 04:37:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

Sj- can I have 2? you know, in case of accidents and stuff. thanks.
E- yep, still as picky as ever, has to take everything out of the bin.
Sandra- very snarky and surprisingly big and chunky.
Taffy- I may put in on a bus to Chicago for you....

 
At Fri Dec 08, 07:13:00 a.m., Blogger chandra said...

Amanda,

as an artist i loved these photos.

warm wishes

chandra

chandrasart.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home