eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, March 05, 2007

storming in, the Monday Movie Quiz




It's currently -21C with windchill bringing that down to -32C, which is about -25F for the non-metrics out there.
I have just gone outside to feel what that is like and it's interesting.sex sex sex sex sex
Roads around the CN tower have been closed off because lumps of ice are falling off, squashing cars and hitting people so, as predictable as ever, the Monday Movie Quiz is going to be about ice and storms.


Quotes from films, name the film.
Update:

Clues
1. Jack: Says there's a storm moving in from the Pacific, worse than this one.
Will got- Brokeback Mountain
2. [reading poem in class] A storm is coming, Frank says / A storm that will swallow the children / And I will deliver them from the kingdom of pain / I will deliver the children back the their doorsteps / And send the monsters back to the underground
1 and 2 are said by the the same actor (different films)

Will got - Donnie Darko
3. Allow me to break the ice. My name is Freeze. Learn it well. For it's the chilling sound of your doom. Aunty Helpful Dictator got the gem that is - Batman and Robin

4. Mankind survived the last ice age. We're certainly capable of surviving this one. The only question is, will we be able to learn from our mistakes? Taffy got - The Day After Tomorrow

5. You think water moves fast? You should see ice. It moves like it has a mind. Like it knows it killed the world once and got a taste for murder. After the avalanche, it took us a week to climb out. Steve got - Deep Blue Sea

6. Oh, you mean your American friend ----? Soon to be the victim of a tragedy. An ice palace can be such a treacherous place. cristin got - Die Another Day

7. You know? This whole ice age thing is getting old. You know what I could go for? A global warming. Aunty Helpful Dictator got - Ice Age

8. Well, they have some of the coldest winters around. I grew up there, near Chippewa Falls. I remember when I was a kid, me and my father, we went ice fishing out on Lake Wissota. Ice fishing is, you know, where you.... Taffy got - Titanic

9. Five thousand of my men are out there in the freezing mud. Three thousand of them are bloodied and cleaved. Two thousand will never leave this place. I will not believe they fought and died for nothing. Steve got - Gladiator

10. When its freezing, Because it means the molecules aren't moving, so when you breath, theres nothing in the air, you know, you breath into your body, the molecules have stopped, its clean. This film stars Kevin Kline, Joan Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Tobey Maguire, Christina Ricci and Elijah Wood. Ice is part of the title.


Will got - The Ice Storm

11. Oh. They've encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is. Taffy got - Star Wars-The Empire Strikes Back

12. This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels. E and Rachie got - Withnail and I

13. The place is like a museum. It's very beautiful and very cold, and you're not allowed to touch anything. E got- Ferris Beuller's Day Off

14. Turn on the heat. It doesn't work, but it makes a very annoying noise - distracts from the cold.




Will got- The Long Kiss Goodnight



15. I don't know. I didn't have any food, any water and it was very cold, very cold. I thought, I thought if I could save just one, but... he was so heavy. So heavy.... Rachie got - Silence of the Lambs

Labels:

9 Comments:

At Tue Mar 06, 01:38:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

4. The Day After Tomorrow
8. Titanic
11. Star Wars-The Empire Strikes Back

Too cold to think

Taffy

 
At Tue Mar 06, 04:51:00 p.m., Blogger Maire said...

3. That awful film - Batman and Robin

7. Ice Age

And many of the others are annoyingly familiar, but I can't put my finger on them!

 
At Tue Mar 06, 05:39:00 p.m., Blogger Steve said...

5. Deep Blue Sea

9. I'm going to guess Gladiator

 
At Tue Mar 06, 05:44:00 p.m., Blogger Ashwin Alexander said...

6. The World is not Enough.

 
At Tue Mar 06, 05:45:00 p.m., Blogger Ashwin Alexander said...

Nononono. I meant Die Another Day.
.That Rosamund Pike starrer. *drool*

 
At Tue Mar 06, 05:48:00 p.m., Blogger Ashwin Alexander said...

1. The Perfect Storm

 
At Wed Mar 07, 11:33:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

12. whitnail & I
13. Ferris Bullers day off

E

 
At Wed Mar 07, 02:37:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger - anonymous got Withnail and I before me. The last one is Silence of the Lambs though.

 
At Sat Mar 10, 08:02:00 p.m., Blogger Will said...

Number 1 is Brokeback Mountain

Number 2 is Donnie Darko

Number 10 is The Ice Storm

Number 14 is The Long Kiss Goodnight

By the way, Amanda, you correctly guessed my "V" movie was The Virgin Suicides so you get to pick a movie for me to watch and review (The only genre I don't watch is gory horror)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home