eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, February 26, 2007

The 79th

I'll be watching (at least some of it).

The Oscars that it is.



no not that Oscar, this one.

I'll be sitting on my sofa, in my scruffy hoodie, jeans and slippers, drinking a glass of wine, eating some of the Tayto crisps that Over Here Mammy brought over for me and saying things like "What is she wearing?"

So my predictions:

Best actor- Forest Whitaker

Best actress- Helen Mirren

Best Picture- Should be The Departed, might actually be Letters from Iwo Jima.

Best supporting actor- oh please, anyone but Eddie Murphy. Don't let him get it when Mark Wahlberg, Alan Arkin and Djimon Hounsou all deserve it much more.

best supporting actress- Either Rinko Kikuchi or Adriana Barraza for their parts in Babel should win (sorry, I forgot the Academy doesn't like to say 'win', it's all the "Oscar goes to..." because if you say someone won, it means someone else, oh the horror, lost) but it may well go to Jennifer Hudson.

Best Director- oh for the love of....give it to Martin Scorsese.

As for the rest of the categories, well I'm sure you don't really care.

It starts in an hour....

3 Comments:

At Mon Feb 26, 08:21:00 a.m., Blogger Ashwin Alexander said...

Not bad! :)

 
At Mon Feb 26, 09:43:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

who do you pick for best sound editing in a foreign language silent documentary?

Nice job on "white" by the way- it was a trick, trick question

 
At Tue Feb 27, 01:00:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

I did ok on th erest of my picks too, but for best sound editing in a foreign language silent documentary, I was robbed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home