eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

things you'd rather not know

I was watching my other George and this was one of the stories featured.
I'm ok with the ban on spitting, just the other day I berated a 'dude' for spitting. Really, I did.
I said 'oh, nice' very sarcastically to him. He and his 3 friends were quaking in their 4-sizes-too-big-tshirts and shoes about to fall off cos they are too cool to tie the laces.
Fines for public defecation, loitering or carrying a visible knife, fighting, peeing and spitting all seem logical if a little idealistic.
The bit that made me go 'huh?' is a fine for putting your feet up on a public bench.
Maybe it's because the streets are ankle deep in poo, spit and urine.

6 Comments:

At Wed Nov 22, 10:39:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

you know when you ride in a car with the window down and you rest your elbow on the window sill?

that's illegal here.

 
At Wed Nov 22, 11:35:00 a.m., Blogger Emma said...

Eww. Nasty.

 
At Wed Nov 22, 01:26:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

Don't ever do that elbow thing. Seriously. You wouldn't like me to tell you why I say that. Now I get the cold shivers when I'm in a car with someone and they put their elbow out.

 
At Wed Nov 22, 08:58:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

SJ- illegal? as in a fine or points on your licence?
mental, I tell you.
Emma, sorry. too graphic?
Sandra- there is no way you can get away with that statement and not tell all. c'mon

 
At Thu Nov 23, 02:08:00 p.m., Blogger dick clinch said...

Poo, spit and urine?

Doesn't sound like anywhere I'd want to walk.

 
At Thu Nov 23, 03:01:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

Well, don't say I didn't warn you. I've seen two people who've crashed (separate accidents) with their elbows up, and have almost ripped their arm off. Enormously revolting wounds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home