eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

let's get out of here


let's get out of here
probably the most over-used line in film history and my thoughts today as I sat in the walk-in clinic waiting to see a doctor.
Nothing wrong with me, just thought it was time I got registered with a GP here.
After the form filling with the woman who used a magnifying glass to read my Health services card and didn't see the irony(she probably couldn't) in her desk being beside the opthalmic counter I got to go to another floor to wait with SICK people. With the coughing and the sneezing.
I settled down with my sudoku to wait.
The woman behind me didn't have any sudoku so instead she, like, talked, like, non-stop on her phone, like, to everyone she had ever met. Loudly.
Me:(in my head) ok, that's a 4 so that must be a
her: hi, yeah, so I'm like back in Terono (everyone in Toronto pronounces it like that).
me:(in my head) OK, that's a 4 so that must be a
her: oh my gosh, yes. oh my gosh.
me: (in my head) OK, that's a four so THAT MUST BE A
her: yeah, it's like, my Dad is totally fine with it, but my Mom is taking some time to come round to the idea, blah, blah, yadda, yadda........
me: la, dee dee, dum dee do, la dum de de.
my entertainment then was to listen to the receptionist call out the names, some she really struggled with and a couple must have been made up, ala Bart phoning Moe's Bar.
Mary Hassaparty. Really?

So, anyway, that's a 4 so......
I'm getting too old for this

6 Comments:

At Wed Aug 30, 10:07:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

I got into Suduko until I finally solved one. Once it was established that logic had once again won the day I saw no point in rubbing it in...meaning I don't want to play suduko anymore because it hurts.

 
At Wed Aug 30, 10:09:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

But I did find that the Sydney Morning Herald was getting it's puzzles from The Times of London...about 3 weeks behind the Times' online puzzles...with the solutions. I need to find a booky giving odds on logic puzzles.

 
At Thu Aug 31, 12:23:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

it might well be all about logic, but can you do one with a woman yaking?

 
At Thu Aug 31, 10:40:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

hell no. I had to go sit all by myself for a long time to solve it.

 
At Thu Aug 31, 11:28:00 a.m., Blogger Sweary said...

Oh, the sniggers are building in me.

What the hell...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

 
At Fri Sept 01, 03:25:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

i didn't dare laugh at the time, if I'd started they would probably have called those nice men in white coats that help you into your new jacket

 

Post a Comment

<< Home