eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tuesday's Ten Things

My Ten Favourite Words (*)
1. Vermillion - a bright red pigment. It sounds great and a lot of people don't known what colour it is so that's fun too.
2. Soup - A fun one to say, go on give it a go and really do the pop sound at the end.
3. Antidisestablishmentarianism - everyones fav looooonng word.
4. Effervescent - what a bubbly word. (pause for groan due to painful pun....)
5. Dichotomy - I first learnt this word in my Geography class and used it to death for the next month. Quite a dichotomy with now, as I hardly ever use it.
6. Marmalade - another fun one to say as it coats the mouth. Unfortunately, can't stand the stuff.
7. Obstreperous - Aggressively boisterous according to Dictionary.com. I like to define it as other people's children.
8. Zeitgeist - the spirit of the time. I love it when a word sums up a feeling.
9. Haberdashery - old fashioned clothes shop.Not a word that I have seen used in a long time, will always carry a vision of yellow plastic in the window and half day closing.
10. Sublime - not to be excelled. Great word but can't be used much as it sounds very up it's self.

and
My Ten Least Favourite Words (?grammar) (**)
1. Nice - terrible word, means nothing, I kick myself every time I use it.
2. Moist - ugh. Nasty sound, nasty image.
3. Mangagement speak - proactive, thinking outside the box and all such bollocks, I'm sure you have your own favourite.
4. Phelgm - no explanation required, as I don't want to have to think about this one. Moving on.
5. Awesome - not the word itself but the way it's used. I have seen the Grand Canyon and it is awesome, as in it inspires awe. The way a lot of people use it to describe a t-shirt or the latest teen sensation or chewing gum or.......
6. Turgid - swollen or distended. Not nice pictures in the mind.
7. Whatever - again, not the word itself, more the way it's used. Please stop.
8. lol - sick of it. Cease and desist.
9. Smock and similar Frock - just make my toes curl up.
10. Like - cos, like, people use it, like, all the feckin time, like, and it's like, shit.


* I don't want anyone telling me that some of these are spelt incorrectly or are proper nouns or something. No one like a smart-arse.
** ok, so it's Tuesday's Twenty Things.

3 Comments:

At Tue Jun 06, 12:30:00 p.m., Blogger Sweary said...

You forgot hyperbole. Aw, it's glorious, a word that should drip like ambrosia from the mouths of slobbery gods. See? Hyperbole.

I totally agree on the moist issue. Or moist tissue. UGH!

PS: lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

 
At Tue Jun 06, 04:58:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

hyperbole, I am truly sorry for neglecting you oh divine, effulgent, esteemed, resplendent, illustrious, errm word.
btw I will ignore the ps

 
At Tue Jun 06, 08:58:00 p.m., Blogger The Art of Bojorquez said...

Hi Amanda.

Sorry, I'm new to this so I had missed your comment about what kind of music is on my blog.

The music is played on a single Jaw Harp made by Zóltan Szilágyi. You should get one and try it, it's fun!

How's life in Toronto? Big news these days...

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home