eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Best Graffiti Ever

can be seen from the metro train when it goes over the Bloor Street Viaduct. Down below is the Don Valley parkway (for my first couple of months here, I wondered who this man Don Valley was. Nobody told me the river was called the Don).
Writen in big, bright multicoloured bubble letters is - Supercalifragialistic.
Every time the train I'm on goes over the viaduct I look at this graffito and wonder how long it took to do, how many cans of paint it must have taken and were there any spelling mistakes?

Then yesterday, I heard that the viaduct is ranked as the second most fatal standing structure in the world, after the Golden Gate Bridge.

Who ranks these things anyway?
Over 400 hundred people have jumped off the viaduct.
The reason this came to my attention at all was because I heard about this documentary. Filmed over the course of a year, cameras running from dawn to dusk on the Golden Gate.

Maybe the graffiti should be a helpline number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home