eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Saturday, January 20, 2007

...for I have sinned



Maybe it's because of my birthday, maybe it's from watching My Name Is Earl but I'm feeling the need to come clean on a couple of things.
First, Helen G. that I used to go to school with.
A few years ago, on another significant birthday you sent me a card (via my old home address). We hadn't kept in touch after school so it was a surprise.
You included your address but I never wrote to you.
Of course, the grown-up me knows that you were a bit mean to me when we were kids because I was the only one that you could be mean to. Even so, I never could bring myself to write back.
I should have.
vvvf
When I was forced to go to confession I made up sins to tell the priest. Or Geraldine would make them up for us.
I was 8 or 10 years old, and a total wimpy goody-two-shoes, what possible sins could I confess?
Of course, the nuns would have told me different, as just by saying that I was probably commiting the sin of pride or something and then there is also lying to a priest. It's no wonder I gave up on the whole Catholic thing.
,,,,,,,,,
A few years ago, I worked for a well known international company. The job involved a hellish amount of commuting every day and was a hellish place to work. I called it The Hell Mouth.
Anyway, travelling on public transport every day in Yorkshire meant I got a lot of colds and flu.
The deeply unpleasant people I worked with never believed I was ill, so when-ever I had a cold/flu/chest infection I still had to go to work. I sometimes got their mugs from the cupboard in the kitchen and licked all the way round the rim.

4 Comments:

At Mon Jan 22, 08:35:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

germ warfare. I knew you had a dark side.


ps. Clown alert at H Wood's

 
At Mon Jan 22, 02:56:00 p.m., Blogger Sandra said...

As the Canucks would say, you rock.

 
At Mon Jan 22, 06:27:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha i love that, am seriously tempted to to the mug thing where I work now.

s

 
At Tue Jan 23, 06:14:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

yeah I can be nasty. I don't even feel guilty for the mug thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home