eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dear People of Toronto

To the guy in that coat on the TTC: I know it was -11C and 'feeling' -19C (convert here) in the middle of the afternoon, but there was no excuse for that coat. Brown matted fur with a deep V neck fringed with a big fluffy fur collar? The only good thing about it was it distracted from your ear muffs.
To the girl wearing the short denim jacket and midrift-baring top: a scarf does not make up for insufficient clothes. When skin goes that shade of blue it's time to get out the winter clothes.
To the 5 layers guy: While I applaud your preparedness, you couldn't really see where you were going, could you? The hood up, hat and scarf combo really cut down on your peripheral vision and the shirt/jumper/cardigan/coat made it a bit difficult to negotiate the steps. Maybe you and denim jacket girl could work out some sort of compromise?
To the woman behind me at Starbucks: Did you think I was standing in the queue waiting to have a chat with the staff? No? Then why, when I am plainly ordering a coffee did you feel the need to try to order at the same time?
To the guy singing along to his iPod: pretty good, I liked it.

2 Comments:

At Sat Jan 20, 01:21:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday greetings from the Netherlands , Holland.
SPION.

http://spion.punt.nl

 
At Mon Jan 22, 06:12:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

errm, yeah thanks, but do I know you and how did you know it was my birthday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home