eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

pass the crackers

I think I have finally found a replacement for my long-time favourite cinema, here.
The contender is The Cumberland.
They have an annual membership which gives me a discount every time, early matinee showings every day so that I can see two films a day and still get home at a reasonable time, it was the only cinema in Toronto with the advance premiere of The Good German and it's a straight run on the subway with no changes.
The only down-side so far- the ticket guy trying very hard to persuade me to go see Miss Potter despite me telling him that Renee gets on my nerves. And then proceeding to tell me why he thought she was great, a story which involved the quote "you had me at hello".
I didn't have the heart to tell him I think that to be in the Top Cheddar Movie Lines.
In no particular order these include:
"Nobody puts Baby in the corner" - Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze) in Dirty Dancing.

"Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed." - Carrie (Andie MacDowell) while standing in a downpour in Four Weddings in a Funeral.

"You can be my wingman any time." - Iceman (Val Kilmer) to Maverick (Tom Cruise) in Top Gun.

Robin: I need a sign that you've turned over a new leaf.
Ivy: How about "slippery when wet?" Batman and Robin (in fact about 74% of all the dialogue in that film)

Judge Dredd: Emotions... there ought to be a law against them.

Catwoman: Time to accessorize!

Gord Brody: [playing the sausage organ] Daddy, would you like some sausage? Daddy, would you like some sausage? and every other line in Freddy Got Fingered.

Mary Jane Watson: I know you think we can't be together, but can't you respect me enough to let me make my own decision? I know there'll be risks but I want to face them with you. It's wrong that we should be only half alive... half of ourselves. I love you. So here I am - standing in your doorway. I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life? Spiderman 2

Which ones did I leave out?

2 Comments:

At Thu Jan 18, 12:28:00 p.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

"I'm The Postman."


also anything ever sung, written, mumbled or thought by Meatloaf.

 
At Thu Jan 18, 03:07:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

"King of the World!" Titanic

"Love means never having to say your sorry" Love Story (know if comes from the book, but something about hearing it makes me gag every time)

The part in The Sound of Music where Maria is getting married and they are reprising the song "How do solve a problem like Maria?"- the first time I saw the movie I was about 10 and even then was tempted to trash the theatre in protest (my kids have never seen it)

Taffy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home