eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Even in the wizarding world, hearing voices isn't a good sign

I am trying to read.
I'm looking at the page and trying to concentrate.
And then it hits me, that the reason this table is the only one free in the Employment Resource Centre is because of the woman at the next table.
She is having a very motivational discussion, full of "I'm the only one" and " no one else" and some muttering I can't hear clearly. She can obviously hear ALL the voices.
I look up from the paragraph I've read twice already to see her grining at me and saying 'hello' like we are long lost friends.
I say a very quick 'hi' and go back to my paragraph and she goes to chat to the photocopier.
I myself have had many chats with photocopiers, usually along the lines of - 'what the hell are you doing? I didn't want that' or 'ouch, that hurt'.
I couldn't quite make out what she was saying to the photocopier, but it was being much nicer to her than it ever has to me, so that's it! I'm never speaking to it again.

11 Comments:

At Wed Jun 14, 05:30:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the only time i have known the source of your title quote!

 
At Wed Jun 14, 06:33:00 p.m., Blogger bricotrout said...

out of um... curiosity... uh, WHY exactly do you find yourself in the need to ever say to a photocopier 'ouch, that hurt!'? what precisely are you copying? ;)

 
At Wed Jun 14, 06:43:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

brico, Clare will back me up on this one, the photocopier at my old workplace was evil and required regular percussive maintenance and sometimes human sacrifice in the form of small bits of skin or blood.

 
At Thu Jun 15, 12:43:00 a.m., Blogger exile said...

a friend of mine used to work with a girl that would grab her self at work say "dont' be afraid" TO HER SELF...

 
At Thu Jun 15, 06:58:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

vexile, did it work? was she not afraid?

 
At Thu Jun 15, 09:37:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

"percussive maintenance" I like that.

My boss' computer was old and slow, he applied percussive maintenance and now it is old and dead.

 
At Thu Jun 15, 10:02:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you'll find this hard to believe Amanda - but in preparation for our impending move, the offensive machine has finally been binned!!

 
At Fri Jun 16, 07:02:00 a.m., Blogger Amanda said...

Clare, it's because I was the only one who could gat it to work it isn't it?

 
At Sat Jun 17, 12:20:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I resent that! I was only being polite to the woman!

You and I are finished. This day has been coming for quite some time now. I'm sorry it had to end like this, but I need space - you won't let me speak to other people, and that's not right. How am I supposed to develop as an electrical person if you won't let me breathe?

Good luck in whatever you choose to do. You defaming cow.

The Photocopier.

 
At Sun Jun 18, 04:27:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

good one swearing lady, sorry I mean Photocopier. oh and btw i used other copiers.

 
At Mon Jun 19, 12:34:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used other humans too. OH YES I WENT THERE. I WENT EVERYWHERE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home