eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, January 01, 2007

First

The topic for this week's Movie quiz is first lines, as suggested by Erik. What with it being the first day of the New Year and all.
Happy New Year to all.
Name the film.

Update-
1. I never knew the old Vienna before the war, with its Strauss music, its glamour and easy charm - Constantinople suited me better. E got - The Third Man

2. "You never did eat your lunch, did you?”“I'd better get back to the office. These extended lunch hours give my boss excess acid." Will got- Pyscho

3. I believe in America. Taffy got -The Godfather

4. I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on, you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be 'Sir!' Do you maggots understand this? Woozie got -Full Metal Jacket

5. "You look a little blurry. Let me zoom out okay?""Okay.""Okay. Got you."

6. "October is inventory time. So right now, Statler Toyota is making the best deals of the year on all 1985 model Toyotas. You won't find a better car with a better price with better service anywhere in Hill Valley..." E got- Back to the Future

7. My name is H. I. McDunnough. Call me Hi. The first time I met Ed was in the county lock-up in Tempe, Arizona ... a day I'll never forget.." Taffy got- Raising Arizona

8. I was sitting with my friend Arthur Cornrom in a restaurant. It was an ... cafeteria and this beautiful girl walked in and I turned to Arthur and I said, 'Arthur, you see that girl? I'm going to marry her.' And two weeks later we were married and it's over fifty years later and we are still married . . . ." E got- When Harry Met Sally

9.. "Ahem.""Waaah!""Who are you?"" We are three wise men."" What?"" We are three wise men."" Well what are you doing creeping around a cow shed at two o'clock in the morning. That doesn't sound very wise to me." Aunty Helpful Dictator got - The Life of Brian

10. "No, forget it, it's too risky. I'm through doin' that shit.""You always say that, the same thing every time: never again, I'm through, too dangerous.""I know that's what I always say. I'm always right too, but . . ." Woozie got- Pulp Fiction

11. We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. Taffy got-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

12. With the coming of the Second World War, many eyes in imprisoned Europe turned hopefully, or desperately, toward the freedom of the Americas. Will and Woozie's Mom got- Casablanca

13. 'How you doing Keaton? Taffy got -The Usual Suspects

14. 'My name's Turkish, funny name for an English man, I know.' Roxy Hart got - Snatch

15. Neighbors heard them screaming at each other like for two hours, it was nothing new. Then they heard the gun go off. Will got- Se7en

16. Once upon a time there was a lovely princess, but she had an enchantment on her of a fearful sort. Aunty Helpful Dictator and Woozie got - Shrek

Labels:

8 Comments:

At Tue Jan 02, 07:46:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

9. Life of Brian?
16.Shrek

Aunty Helpful Dictator

 
At Tue Jan 02, 07:48:00 p.m., Blogger Woozie said...

#2 is "In America"

#4 is DEFINITELY "Full Metal Jacket"

#10 is "Pulp Fiction"

And I'll guess with this one, #16 is Shrek. I don't know. But if its right, Anonymous can have it. My comment was delayed because of that stupid word verification thing...

 
At Tue Jan 02, 07:52:00 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

3. The Godfather
7. Raising Arizona (?)11. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (love Hunter S. Thompson!)
13. The Usual Suspects

Taffy

 
At Wed Jan 03, 02:14:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

#14 Snatch

 
At Wed Jan 03, 06:07:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 the Third man?
6 back to the future
8 when harry met sally?

E

 
At Thu Jan 04, 04:17:00 p.m., Blogger Will said...

2 is Psycho
12 is Casablanca
15 is Se7en.

 
At Thu Jan 04, 07:46:00 p.m., Blogger Woozie said...

My mom says #12 is Casablanca

 
At Sat Jan 06, 05:46:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

A.!

Check you email!

C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home