eh

Originally from Dublin, Ireland. Moved to London and then Leeds, England, I now live in Toronto, Canada. Oh and now back again. Anyway, you can take the woman out of Ireland but, you know the rest. Basically the stuff on here will be the same no matter where I am. Ramblings and rantings about stuff, some from Canada.Some of them really do say 'eh' ~~~~~ "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed"

Monday, December 25, 2006

it's still a Monday after all

All these movie quotes mention the word Christmas. But don't let that fool you, some of them are not standard seasonal films. Name the movie.
Update-

Clues-
1. No, Marcus, I do not want to come over for Christmas. I do not want to spend Christmas with Ms. Granola Suicide and her spawn.

Steve got - About a Boy
2. All right, listen up guys. 'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except for the four assholes coming in the rear in standard two-by-two cover formation.
FlyingRodent got- Die Hard


3. I know it is a little early for Christmas, Edward, but; I have a present for you.
he hands Edward a gift

cristin got - Edward Scissorhands
4. You know it's funny what a young man recollects? 'Cause I don't remember bein' born. I don't recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don't know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world. Run, ______, Run. No not Lola, that other running fool.


5. Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few marines!
Woozie got- Full Metal Jacket


6. You've seen plywood sets that look like the inside. Our beryllium sphere is... is wire with plaster around it. And our digital conveyor is... it's Christmas tree lights. It's a decoration. It's all fake. Just like me.

Search across the stars for a real beryllium sphere

Aunty Helpful Dictator got- Galaxy Quest

7. Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!

Will got- It's a Wonderful Life

8. There is a sensitivity thing that some people have. I don't have it. I don't cry at movies, I don't gush over babies, I don't buy Christmas presents 5 months early, and I DON'T tell the guy who just ruined both our lives, "Oh, poor baby." But I do love you.
Show me the quote, show me the quote

cristin got - Jerry Maguire
9. It's Christmas Eve in the City of Angels and while decent citizens sleep the sleep of the righteous, hopheads prowl for marijuana not knowing that a man is coming to stop them! Celebrity crimestopper Jack Vincennes, scourge of grasshoppers and dopefieds everywhere!" Ya like it, Jackie-Boy?

Citizen***146 got- L.A. Confidential.

10. so if you believe in Christmas, children, like your uncle Billy does, buy my festering turd of a record and particularly enjoy the incredible crassness of the moment when we try to squeeze an extra syllable into the fourth line... no, not Bad Santa, actually, I quite like this film. Cristin got- Love Actually

11. I'll be here all week. In fact, I'll be here my entire life. 365 days a year, including Christmas, Hannukah, Halloween, Kwanzaa. Please be sure to never spay or neuter your pets, and tip your cabbie, 'cause he's broke.

A movie with penguins, no not that one. This one, they hijack a boat. and like to move it, move it. Aunty Helpful Dictator got- Madagascar

12. Attention. Attention, please. Terrible news. Although the imposter has been shot down, there is still no sign of Santa Claus. It looks like Christmas will have to be cancelled this year. I repeat: The imposter has been shot down, but there is still no sign of the real Santa Claus...
Will got -Nightmare Before Christmas

13. It's 5 days before Christmas and I'm in the middle of a New York department store and he's asking me to calm down?

an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.
cristin got- Serendipity
14. Today, we are going to discuss - well, it is probably the most important book any of us will ever read. Yes, it is provocative, but it is also inspiring: The Heritage Hills Special Edition Golden Deluxe Treasury of Christmas Keepsakes and Collectibles!

New and improved Nicole Kidman.


15. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you. The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die.

FlyingRodent got Trainspotting

Labels:

13 Comments:

At Tue Dec 26, 11:17:00 a.m., Blogger Steve said...

1. About a Boy
2. It's a Wonderful Life :P

 
At Tue Dec 26, 04:31:00 p.m., Blogger citizen***146 said...

9. , is confidential, so I won`t spoil it

 
At Wed Dec 27, 09:10:00 a.m., Blogger SkookumJoe said...

not one. zero. can't help you.

i really want to know what 9 is

 
At Wed Dec 27, 12:33:00 p.m., Blogger citizen***146 said...

10.bad santa??? SK, 9. may be an unintentional pun, is that the right word?

 
At Wed Dec 27, 01:03:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

Steve- the directors cut of It's a Wonderful Life? ;-p
citizen- it's only Confidential in L.A.
SJ- all that means is you are not a geek, like me.

 
At Wed Dec 27, 01:54:00 p.m., Blogger flyingrodent said...

2 is Die Hard, and I'd be a pretty useless Scotsman if I didn't recognise Trainspotting at number 15.

A belated Merry Christmas to you!

 
At Wed Dec 27, 03:26:00 p.m., Blogger Woozie said...

5 is Full Metal Jacket. Now I'll give you three seconds, exactly three f*cking seconds, to put me up as the correct guesser, or I will....

 
At Wed Dec 27, 06:08:00 p.m., Blogger Will said...

I can't beleive nobody has gotten It's A Wonderful Life for number 7 yet!

 
At Wed Dec 27, 06:11:00 p.m., Blogger Will said...

12 is The Nightmare Before Christmas

 
At Sun Dec 31, 05:12:00 p.m., Blogger Ashwin Alexander said...

Hmmm. Let me pick up the pieces.

3. Edward Scissorhands
4. Run, Lola, Run.
6. The Fifth Element? Nope. Beryllium isn't that :|
8. Jerry Maguire
10. Love Actually?
13. Serendipity
14. The Hours?

 
At Sun Dec 31, 11:29:00 p.m., Blogger Amanda said...

hmm, obviously harder than I thought so double points all round for the ones solved so far.

 
At Mon Jan 01, 08:21:00 a.m., Blogger Ashwin Alexander said...

Forrest Gump was no fool :|

 
At Tue Jan 02, 12:47:00 a.m., Blogger Maire said...

6. Galaxy Quest
11. Madagascar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home